Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xamarin Studio Working On New Debugging Support

Phoronix: Xamarin Studio Working On New Debugging Support

For those using Xamarin Studio for their Mono app development, the integrated development environment will soon be featuring some enhancements for an improved debugging experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael you're missing a source link, and you don't even have your usual self-referential links

Comment

Is there a Linux version at all?

Comment

Why should we care if they bluntly piss on the Linux users (potential customers)?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Xamarin Studio Working On New Debugging Support
          Xamarin Studio doesn't even support Linux.

Directly from http://xamarin.com/studio:

Xamarin Studio is available for both OS X and Windows. This allows you to get the same amazing editing experience for your cross-platform code regardless of your operating system preference.
          Operating system preference that is either OS X or Windows...

How about phoronix give this kind of coverage to IntelliJ and eclipse with 100% first class Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLamb View Post
            Xamarin Studio doesn't even support Linux.

Directly from http://xamarin.com/studio:

Operating system preference that is either OS X or Windows...

How about phoronix give this kind of coverage to IntelliJ and eclipse with 100% first class Linux support.
            Xamarin Studio is really just Monodevelop with some extra proprietary plugins (i.e. Android and iOS support and tools), which does support linux. It's just the officially branded version that doesn't support linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
              Xamarin Studio is really just Monodevelop with some extra proprietary plugins (i.e. Android and iOS support and tools), which does support linux. It's just the officially branded version that doesn't support linux.
              That's the whole point. They could easily support linux but use petty excuses to not do it. https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=142

Comment

Originally posted by RushPL View Post
                That's the whole point. They could easily support linux but use petty excuses to not do it. https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=142
                Oh I definitely agree that they're petty excuses and there's no real reason why we shouldn't be able to develop using Xamarin.Android under linux, however Monodevelop itself is fully supported and I don't really feel it's appropriate to hold that against the Mono or Monodevelop open source projects themself just because the primary backing company is being an ass about supporting linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                  Oh I definitely agree that they're petty excuses and there's no real reason why we shouldn't be able to develop using Xamarin.Android under linux, however Monodevelop itself is fully supported and I don't really feel it's appropriate to hold that against the Mono or Monodevelop open source projects themself just because the primary backing company is being an ass about supporting linux.
                  I don't see way that is a petty excuse? If they sell the product they must support and guarantee the functionality off the product. If they don't think this investment has a big enough market I don't see what the alternative are.

Comment

Originally posted by Akka View Post
                    I don't see way that is a petty excuse? If they sell the product they must support and guarantee the functionality off the product. If they don't think this investment has a big enough market I don't see what the alternative are.
                    Yes but in that case they should just flat out state that "We don't think you have a large enough market share to be worth our time" as opposed to doing the usual illegitimate whining about fragmentation which has never been a valid excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X