Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's Open-Source Hawaii GPU Support Still Isn't Working Right

Phoronix: AMD's Open-Source Hawaii GPU Support Still Isn't Working Right

While AMD's Radeon R9 290 "Hawaii" graphics cards have been out on the market for more than a half-year, the open-source driver support still isn't working quite right when it comes to having GPU hardware acceleration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Alex posted a patch last might that might help for Hawaii's lack of linear depth/stencil buffers."

There's either some epic English going on here or a typo, betting on the last, I'll fine you $5 for not reading your own article at least once.

kthxbai.
    ~Aeny

Comment

Originally posted by Aeny View Post
      "Alex posted a patch last might that might help for Hawaii's lack of linear depth/stencil buffers."
      Highlighted to make it easier to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeny View Post
        Well, I was a little confused which patch Michael referred to. But I guess it's the one by Michel D?nzer. And that one doesn't help with anything as far as I can say, it only disables tiling as much as possible to rule that out as a source of problems.
        But it's not tiling that causes problems apparently, the patch doesn't have any other effect than Alex' previous patch.

Actually I think it's something more basic, as even glxinfo (that doesn't do any painting) causes X to crash. Maybe it's Bug 74250 that needs to be solved first.

Comment

Working...
        X