Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Support Gets Updated For The Next Kernel Release

Phoronix: Sound Support Gets Updated For The Next Kernel Release

Takashi Iwai has sent in the sound-related updates for the Linux 3.16 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just want a 2.0 -> 5.1 upmixing method that can match up to the CMSS-3D Stereo Surround method in the Creative X-Fi drivers, it's so awesome, it sucks it only works on windows. Crystallizer is also really cool.

If only (These drivers are like the only reason to use a Creative sound card over just intergrated ones)

Comment

what about Creative -xfi, actually it doesn't have frontal microphone support and when you connect a headphones in the front the rear speaker don't mute.
      also it doesn't have mic boost support

Comment

Originally posted by obedlink View Post
        what about Creative -xfi,
        Honesty, never think you are going to be able to full advantage of your newer creative hardware in linux. They released minimal documentation for very basic AC HD and have released nothing really worth while in regards to linux in a long long time. Get an Cmedia 8788 card and enjoy the functionality you will never have with a creative card.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Honesty, never think you are going to be able to full advantage of your newer creative hardware in linux. They released minimal documentation for very basic AC HD and have released nothing really worth while in regards to linux in a long long time. Get an Cmedia 8788 card and enjoy the functionality you will never have with a creative card.
          I know, this makes me very sad, cus I have a fucking epic card and I just do not want to live without it (sounds so much better than intergrated sound does)

I really hear a world of difference when playing my sound on windows over linux with this card, whereas I suspect the sound I'm getting out of it on linux is only just about the same level as my intergrated card would give me.

Fuck creative, I wish I'd never bought this card, but it's really hard to let go of it because it is just so fucking good I'm just praying the SteamOS wave that's hopefully coming will open up their eyes a little.

It's just fucking CMSS-3D that I miss so much. The quality is worlds apart from any upmixing I can make alsa (or pulse) do.
          Last edited by rabcor; 08 June 2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

xonar d2x will try benefit from this kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
              xonar d2x will try benefit from this kernel?
              There's very good support for all ASUS products since long time ago

Apart from some special features only available through their sound control panel not available on Linux.

Comment

Working...
              X