Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Game Publishing Remains Offline

Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Remains Offline

While LGP was once the leading source for providing Linux-native games, these days there isn't much to say for them and their web-site remains offline one and a half months after trying to do a server upgrade...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

News about lack of news about an irrelevant company.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      News about lack of news about an irrelevant company.
      Sadly, they're still somewhat relevant, if only because of the games they sold with their horrible DRM, unless they release a patch to remove those, the games are going to become unplayable. I bought a few of them just for supporting the company. Ended up getting most of them on Steam anyhow, though I still have Sacred for Linux that I bought from them. I should fire it up and see if it's still working.

Comment

Fortunately I don't play Sacred anymore. Fuck you DRM and fuck you LGP.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          Fortunately I don't play Sacred anymore. Fuck you DRM and fuck you LGP.
          And for the same reason FUCK YOU STEAM.

Comment

Ah, one of Phoronix' classics: "Nothing happened".

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
              And for the same reason FUCK YOU STEAM.
              No internet connection? Steam games still work just fine.
              Last edited by Kivada; 14 June 2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                No internet connection? Steam games still work just fine.
                Still waiting to see this miracle in action...
                If you mean after digging through steam's files and launching using the .bin, then yes, but 90% of people don't do that.

No internet connection? GOG.com games still install & work just fine. (provided you have the installers backed up).

Serafean

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
                  Still waiting to see this miracle in action...
                  If you mean after digging through steam's files and launching using the .bin, then yes, but 90% of people don't do that.

No internet connection? GOG.com games still install & work just fine. (provided you have the installers backed up).

Serafean
                  all you get is "Connection unavailable. Do you want to start in offline?". and you can run any installed steam game (unless developers made bad choice of depending on online) from client whenever you want

if game depends on online, that is not steam related. same as DRM. both things are just options put to developers to their own decision.

as far as GOG goes, they sure have strange policy. no DRM, with preference to platforms that are major DRM pushers
                  Last edited by justmy2cents; 14 June 2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

This is why I'm just going to keep to Steam and GOG.

Comment

Working...
                    X