Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLAMOR Support Enabled Within Debian Experimental

Phoronix: GLAMOR Support Enabled Within Debian Experimental

As some good news for Debian users running a Radeon HD 7000 series or newer graphics card where the GLAMOR 2D acceleration support is required, GLAMOR support has been enabled within the Debian experimental repository...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

[?] but within the Debian world [?]
    It's not like it's a parallel world.

Comment

Hm, found one buggy behavior... under non composited desktop, open iceweasel, open terminal, move terminal... watch slow redraw .

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Hm, found one buggy behavior... under non composited desktop, open iceweasel, open terminal, move terminal... watch slow redraw .
        Slowander . Hope they will fix this redrawing slownesssss for release . Feels much unusable slugish broken stuff .
        Last edited by dungeon; 18 June 2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Slowander . Hope they will fix this redrawing slownesssss for release . Feels much unusable slugish broken stuff .
          Sorry for the noise , playing with some settings in firefox triggers the slowness .

Comment

I guess they use the standalone library and not xorg-server 1.16, that's the problem.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              I guess they use the standalone library and not xorg-server 1.16, that's the problem.
              What? Debian never used libglamor, this is pure xserver 1.16 rc3 .

Comment

Sorry for the noise , playing with some settings in firefox triggers the slowness .
                Which settings?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                  Which settings?
                  Not sure , some of the layers.* settings in about:config i think triggers it... i enabled it all there .

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    Which settings?
                    About:config-> search for gfx
                    To see what's enabled go to about:about and click the appropriate about (I don't recall the name offhand but it should be obvious from the list).

Comment

Working...
                    X