Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Receives Improved Gmail Integration

Phoronix: KDE Receives Improved Gmail Integration

Using KMail and Gmail together? Some nice improvements are ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pretty cool. I wonder if there has been much progress made on Exchange support, as this is still very lacking/painful on Linux (last I checked), but extremely important for corporate adoption of Linux on desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
      Pretty cool. I wonder if there has been much progress made on Exchange support, as this is still very lacking/painful on Linux (last I checked), but extremely important for corporate adoption of Linux on desktops.
      If you have access to an exchange server to try it out, test Evolution. I know the GNOME guys were working pretty hard on bringing Evolution's Exchange support up to par.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

As a heavy user of kmail and Google Accounts, this is fantastic. My only issues with kmail nowadays are more that KDE should work to centralize online accounts more - I need to use separate credential entries for Google Contacts in kaddressbook, Kmail, etc - I know that KTP uses the Telepathy Dbus accounts API, so that is why that is seperate, but I'd like to see KDE PIM adopt that too. I guess its on my laundry list of contributions to make when I have the time (and am not posting on phoronix all evening...)

Comment

Alex Fiestas has done some work on "web/online accounts" as a centralized service and IIRC someone has ported the Facebook Akonadi resource to use it as an example.

As for handling Google's other data options, someone suggested on Dan's blog that he could look into creating a combined resource and he agreed that this sounded like a good idea for a future version.

Cheers,
          _

Comment

Great to know someones looking into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
              If you have access to an exchange server to try it out, test Evolution. I know the GNOME guys were working pretty hard on bringing Evolution's Exchange support up to par.
              I tested a couple of solutions for exchange with OWA use last fall - Evolution was unusable with exchange (or any other mail server for that matter - it crashed like crazy), Thunderbird with ExQuilla turned out to be the best option, but that plugin is commercial.

Comment

Have you tried thunderbird with davmail for exchange support? It works perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X