Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wxPHP: wxWidgets Come To PHP

Phoronix: wxPHP: wxWidgets Come To PHP

The wxWidgets library for designing cross-platform GUIs now has support by the PHP programming language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

today from "things the world did not wait for"

Comment

If all you know is PHP, this is a terrific way to transfer your skills to desktop apps. I think it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
        If all you know is PHP, this is a terrific way to transfer your skills to desktop apps. I think it's great.
        I'm scared now

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
          Learn a real language *cough* C++ python *cough* and then learn Qt

If you want a GNOME specific app, you can learn GTK3 then

Comment

i like this. a Qt Binding would also still great. Long time ago i looked at PHP for GTK2, but GTK is one of the biggest crap if you look on other platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
              i like this. a Qt Binding would also still great. Long time ago i looked at PHP for GTK2, but GTK is one of the biggest crap if you look on other platforms.
              If you think PHP is good but GTK is bad, you need to acquire an education. PHP is one of the worst things to exist in the programming world. It is a horrible language to start, it teaches bad conventions, it's VERY slow and thus very expensive to run, and it's too easy for noobs to make mistakes that will get websites hacked. It shouldn't be that easy. It's an abomination that needs to die out. Even Java is much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbohale View Post
                If you think PHP is good but GTK is bad, you need to acquire an education. PHP is one of the worst things to exist in the programming world. It is a horrible language to start, it teaches bad conventions, it's VERY slow and thus very expensive to run, and it's too easy for noobs to make mistakes that will get websites hacked. It shouldn't be that easy. It's an abomination that needs to die out. Even Java is much faster.
                Well at least this benchmarks http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u32q/php.php prove you wrong, and thats php running without opcache or new shiny hhvm engine. Stop your hatred already...

Comment

PHP can actually be used for non-web development too, such as CLI scripts.
                  Its too bad this wasn't available years ago, back in the days of PHP-GTK.

Now it feels a bit late, and people might as well use some other language instead, such as Python.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbohale View Post
                    If you think PHP is good but GTK is bad
                    I never said that. I only say that GTK is crap on other Platform and i would think a PHP Qt binding would be great. I know my english is horrible but don't amuse thinks that never i said thats let you only sound as a hater or troll.

Comment

Working...
                    X