Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam On Linux Now Offers 600+ Games

Phoronix: Steam On Linux Now Offers 600+ Games

Two months ago I wrote about Steam having 500+ Linux games while now to start off August they have crossed the 600 game threshold...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've had a lot of fun with Civilization 5 this year. It's good to know it's successor will launch with Linux support.
    Last edited by clementl; 03 August 2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I've played Team Fortress 2 and Metro last Light the most. I would like to play the last Ace Combat and Rage on Linux.

Comment

But how many triple A games? I'd rather have quality than quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by bpetty View Post
          +1 kinda

...more of quality AND quantity...

gog's the place I go to look for OLD games mostly, and The Witcher, beyond that they don't have very many recent games(few indies that are decent) and I've purchased just about all the old ones that I want...

gog is just late to the party expanding away from ancient games... that said if gog has it, i'll buy it there for no drm, but if they don't have and gamersgate or steam does I'll buy from the cheapest...

I used to buy retail simply to get all the nice packaging that they USED to do. I miss the old game manuals, since I despise reading on my notebook or desktop, and they're usually PDF -> come out like shit when converted to epub or azw, and even reading them on a tablet just isn't the same, plus there are usually size problems.

Comment

How does triple-A correlate with quality? I suppose the same percentage of each AAA titles and indie games are crap.

Comment

Witcher 2 is almost playable on the beta channel. Once they implement a few bug fixes they say are coming in the next month I'll play through it on radeonSI, hopefully at 60 fps on medium on a 7870. Right now I get around 40 fps with it dipping to 20.

Otherwise, I have 400 hours in Civ 5. And I still haven't played multiplayer, because the trade bug makes pugs unplayable and all my friends hate good games. I think I lost the month of July, at least now I've beaten the game on every difficulty with every civ at least once so I can tone it down from playing 4 hours every evening.

Comment

CKII and EUIV. Both great games with producer bent on supporting Linux going forward - sadly HoI3 did not made the cut no polish nuclear bombs in 1945 in berlin

Comment

"AAA" games generally aren't about quality but how many 12 year olds they can get to buy a rehash of a rehash of a rehash with prettied up graphics.

Best game ported to Linux this year has hands down been Civ5 though,

Comment

Originally posted by clementl View Post
                    I've had a lot of fun with Civilization 5 this year. It's good to know it's successor will launch with Linux support.
                    There are no news about CIV 6 so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X