Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Performance Counters In Nouveau Hoped For With Linux 3.19

Phoronix: NVIDIA Performance Counters In Nouveau Hoped For With Linux 3.19

Samuel Pitoiset continues making steady, great progress on his Google Summer of Code project as a student developer reverse-engineering and implementing NVIDIA hardware performance counters within the open-source Nouveau driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nVidia 9400m G

Hello,

How about the Nouveau support for 'nVidia 9400m G'? The last time I tried it doesn't reported correctly the temperature.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by alexcortes View Post
      Hello,

How about the Nouveau support for 'nVidia 9400m G'? The last time I tried it doesn't reported correctly the temperature.

Cheers!
      Really? It is not supposed to be possible on this card generation. Can you check again?

Nouveau should work out of the box on this card, with opengl 3.3 (the max the card supports).

Comment

Not sure how old this guy is or his total background but seriously, great work. Deciphering what groups of engineers have done is, to me, just as impressive as being the designer of it yourself. Not everyone has skill like this.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
          Really? It is not supposed to be possible on this card generation. Can you check again?

Nouveau should work out of the box on this card, with opengl 3.3 (the max the card supports).
          I will try it again. I'm using Gentoo in a old laptop. It will take a while.

Thank you!

Comment

@M?P?F

Yes, now Nouveau is reporting the temperature correctly.

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by alexcortes View Post
              @M?P?F

Yes, now Nouveau is reporting the temperature correctly.

Thank You!
              You're welcome, but I don't understand how it could have been wrong! On this chipset, the vbios initialises the temperature probe!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Not sure how old this guy is or his total background but seriously, great work. Deciphering what groups of engineers have done is, to me, just as impressive as being the designer of it yourself. Not everyone has skill like this.
                I'm his mentor and not trying to downplay his contributions at all, but we are greatly aided by the fact nvidia uses this hardware. All we have to do is trace it. When we move to reverse engineering un-used signals/events, it will become a lot harder!

Comment

Working...
                X