Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome 37 Brings Many Security Fixes

Phoronix: Google Chrome 37 Brings Many Security Fixes

Google released Chrome 37 as stable on Tuesday and with this update comes more fixes and other improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Chrome past v34 has been a mess for me on ubuntu.

Not only can I not run java applications in the browser anymore a lot of the UI elements are buggy.

I'd really much prefer to upgrade to the latest versions for security fixes like this but that removes a lot of utility for me with the absence of java.

The UI quirks I can get over but practical functionality is a must.

Comment

Wow. Better font rendering. I mean, it only took them how many years? >.<

Also, I can't remember: did anybody get the Netflix thing working with v37? When I discovered it, I was using v38 (which I mistakenly called beta)

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        Also, I can't remember: did anybody get the Netflix thing working with v37? When I discovered it, I was using v38 (which I mistakenly called beta)
        Yes, it works, but you need to update a couple of libs first. Find a guide on it (I thinking webupd8 has one) and follow it.

Comment

Working...
        X