Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.4 Alpha Shows Off Graphics Improvements, New Qt WebEngine

Phoronix: Qt 5.4 Alpha Shows Off Graphics Improvements, New Qt WebEngine

It's a busy Monday morning for open-source news with the latest announcement being Digia's release of the Qt 5.4 Alpha...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, does this mean the dysfunctional mess known as bluedevil will finally get fixed? That thing seriously causes headaches.

I wonder if this also fixes resizing windows in Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      So, does this mean the dysfunctional mess known as bluedevil will finally get fixed? That thing seriously causes headaches.

I wonder if this also fixes resizing windows in Windows.
      Link to qt5 windows resizing problem description/bug report please.

Comment

What part gives you headaches?? I just pulled up Bluedevil on Fedora 20 and it all seems pretty straight forward to me. Not saying its perfect or they couldn't do better, but nothing jumps out at me as horrible or illogical.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

@Mark45
          I encountered the problem last night, which is the first time in several months I did anything Qt related in Windows. I didn't have time to file a bug report but I'm sure someone else must have at some point. It seems to be most noticeable with canvases. I don't recall this being an issue in Windows 7 several months ago; I'm running Windows 8 now.

@Ericg
          For at least a year now, the only things Bluedevil can do for me are scan, trust, show info, and ask for a passkey. It can't pair or connect devices though. I have to pair through bluetoothctl and then bluedevil asks me for the passkey. Considering pairing and connecting are of the most important features, this makes bluedevil pretty much useless for me as a graphical tool.

Comment

@Mark45
            I encountered the problem last night, which is the first time in several months I did anything Qt related in Windows. I didn't have time to file a bug report but I'm sure someone else must have at some point. It seems to be most noticeable with canvases. I don't recall this being an issue in Windows 7 several months ago; I'm running Windows 8 now.

@Ericg
            For at least a year now, the only things Bluedevil can do for me are scan, trust, show info, and ask for a passkey. It can't pair or connect devices though. I have to pair through bluetoothctl and then bluedevil asks me for the passkey. Considering pairing and connecting are of the most important features, this makes bluedevil pretty much useless for me as a graphical tool.
            That is really weird... What distro you using? Bug report link?
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Hey, we've got a smart ass here, here's your prize.

Comment

Qt will be also the new graphical environment on Lubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  Hey, we've got a smart ass herehere's your prize
                  Wow, its not that often one can see a more clear prove that Ericg is right. You delivered the full evidence by yourself!

Comment

I'm aware of the bystander effect; it's a valid point and it was rightfully thrown in my face. But, visual anomalies while resizing a window in Windows is an issue someone is bound to encounter immediately. I confirmed today that it is only canvas that gets affected. The canvas itself resizes properly with the window but the conents don't. I think this is more of a Windows issue than a Qt issue.

Anyway, I'm using Arch Linux. I haven't filed a bug for my bluedevil issue because I haven't had much of a need to use bluetooth in KDE for the past year, and, I haven't thoroughly investigated the situation to see if there's something I can do about it myself. I haven't attempted to look up existing bug reports either, which is more important than just blindly posting one. All this being said, maybe I'm a little too quick to assume that bluedevil has a lot of issues. BUT, given that bluetoothctl works and bluedevil partially works on the hardware level, but not entirely, this got me to suggest bluedevil has an issue. I'll just have to look more into though, rather than look like a rambling idiot.

Comment

Working...
                    X