Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Affirms Plans To Set Sail Skylake In H2'2015

Phoronix: Intel Affirms Plans To Set Sail Skylake In H2'2015

The Intel Developer Forum (IDF) is this week in San Francisco and during this morning's keynote was showing off a flip notebook based on Skylake, the successor to the yet-to-be-fully-released Broadwell...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is that photo really from this year's IDF? I find it hard to believe that the folks that setup the PCs have put on purpose that xp wallpaper.

Comment

Why will Skylake be launched so quickly after Broadwell on the desktop side? How would it be worth it to get the later if the former would be available --reportedly, at least-- only some months later?

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
        Is that photo really from this year's IDF? I find it hard to believe that the folks that setup the PCs have put on purpose that xp wallpaper.
        No, that is just a photo from the last time I was at IDF... Now like 7 years ago :/
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kalrish View Post
          Why will Skylake be launched so quickly after Broadwell on the desktop side? How would it be worth it to get the later if the former would be available --reportedly, at least-- only some months later?
          Skylake really is "next gen" in every way, so it's a better buy. Broadwell was delayed for some reason but Skylake wasn't, so we're getting them both within a short span of a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
            Skylake really is "next gen" in every way, so it's a better buy. Broadwell was delayed for some reason but Skylake wasn't, so we're getting them both within a short span of a few months.
            Thank you.

Comment

Skylake is what I plan to use in my new build in 2015. I'm going to be looking to spend ~$130 on the CPU and am hoping a skylake processor at that price will offer at least current i5 performance. Still puttering around on an Athlon II X4 635 so regardless it'll feel like a huge upgrade. And the next generation of 20nm GPU's will probably also be out around that time, 2015 just looks like an amazing year for hardware upgrades if you've been putting it off for a couple/few years.

Comment

Come November 2014, they will push it back to 2016 Q2.

Comment

Working...
                X