Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spliet Spills More Nouveau Re-Clocking Patches

Phoronix: Spliet Spills More Nouveau Re-Clocking Patches

Roy Spliet has been one of the few open-source developers working to tackle re-clocking support for Nouveau so that this open-source, reverse-engineered NVIDIA Linux graphics driver can better perform. He's already published several sets of patches improving various bits of GPU re-clocking through this work that's being funded by the X.Org Foundation. Today he's published another patch series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will the reclocking patches go all the way down to the old legacy cards? (8000, 7000, 6000)

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
      Will the reclocking patches go all the way down to the old legacy cards? (8000, 7000, 6000)
      I doubt that these work similarly but there's hoping

anxiously waiting that reclocking finally is stable with NVE0 (GTX 760)

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
        The 6000 and 7000 series cards should reclock just fine today (with a few occasional exceptions). 8000 series and 9000 series cards will take some additional effort (G8x, G9x, G200) -- the model numbers are pretty confusing since they're variously overlapping, just look at the chipset id that you have. Roy's patches are for NVA3/A5/A8 chips (and the most important bits of his work have yet to be upstreamed, although they're available in Roy's repo).

Comment

It's actually a mobile chip: 8400m GS (G86). I'm eagerly waiting for reclocking on this because even in MATE I can notice some slow performance and it's also slow to use Google Earth.

Comment

Working...
          X