Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Clang Now Builds Even More Debian Packages

Phoronix: LLVM Clang Now Builds Even More Debian Packages

Going back two years has been an initiative to build the Debian package base with LLVM/Clang rather than GCC -- for much the same reasons as building the Linux kernel with Clang. Thanks to Google's Summer of Code, there's been more progress on building out Debian using the latest Clang compiler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: LLVM Clang Now Builds Even More Debian Packages

Going back two years has been an initiative to build the Debian package base with LLVM/Clang rather than GCC -- for much the same reasons as building the Linux kernel with Clang. Thanks to Google's Summer of Code, there's been more progress on building out Debian using the latest Clang compiler...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc4ODY
    Great to hear! I bet FreeBSD ports are having similar success. I use poudriere these days to build packages for my netbook (which requires KMS) and I think only 1 or 2 of all my packages actually need GCC. Although maybe the official repository is now serving KMS packages?

Comment

Working...
    X