GTK+ 3.14 Brings Much Better Wayland Support, Multi-Touch, New Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ 3.14 Brings Much Better Wayland Support, Multi-Touch, New Theme

Phoronix: GTK+ 3.14 Brings Much Better Wayland Support, Multi-Touch, New Theme

In preparation for this week's GNOME 3.14 debut, the deadline is today for checking in the 3.14.0 release tarballs. One of the most prominent packages now checked in for the Wednesday release is GTK+ 3.14...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

3.13.9 landed in Debian Sid 3 days ago, together with new gtk2 and libglib... and can not believe it how things are broken, i expected things to get mad before freeze, but not this much and it is only start it seems... 45 days to go

Comment

Will be interested to see how good the multitouch is. Hopefully will get stuff like pinch to zoom or 2 finger scrolling sorted natively.

Comment

I can't wait to read all the comments here about how GTK+ sucks and everyone should switch to Qt because "everyone" has already switched to Qt!

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
          I can't wait to read all the comments here about how GTK+ sucks and everyone should switch to Qt because "everyone" has already switched to Qt!
          Yes, only those using Gnome didn't switch to Qt for obvious reasons. Everyone else, including those who care about the 98% of users, switched to Qt, including Linus Torvalds with his diving app.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            Will be interested to see how good the multitouch is. Hopefully will get stuff like pinch to zoom or 2 finger scrolling sorted natively.
            There's a few examples of how multitouch will work in 3.14 in this blog post today.

Comment

It's strange how 10 years ago I was a kde fan who couldn't stand gnome, while nowadays it's the reverse.

I kinda like the default settings of gnome, great taste, lots of screen real estate for webpages good localization etc. I hope gnome and gtk will keep going strong.

Comment

GtkInspector seems like a pretty cool tool.

Yay for GNOME Classic support under Wayland!

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  3.13.9 landed in Debian Sid 3 days ago, together with new gtk2 and libglib... and can not believe it how things are broken, i expected things to get mad before freeze, but not this much and it is only start it seems... 45 days to go
                  Blame Debian years-old software. 3.13.92 in Arch [gnome-unstable] run very smooth, except ever known things like huge memory leak etc.
                  Originally posted by SebastianB View Post
                  It's strange how 10 years ago I was a kde fan who couldn't stand gnome, while nowadays it's the reverse.

I kinda like the default settings of gnome, great taste, lots of screen real estate for webpages good localization etc. I hope gnome and gtk will keep going strong.
                  The only gripe I have with tablets its their on-screen keyboard, its just not as good as real one.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    I assume you mean 3.13.92-1 and what I've used [as I have it installed] works well.

Comment

Working...
                    X