Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheetah Mounts: The Affordable Way To Put Your TV On The Wall

Phoronix: Cheetah Mounts: The Affordable Way To Put Your TV On The Wall

For those that have searched for TV/monitor wall mounts at Amazon or other major Internet retailers have likely come across Cheetah Mounts: a brand of TV wall mounts that are incredibly cheap compared to competitors. However, are these mounts worthwhile for their $20+ price? I setup the APTMM2B to a 39-inch TV in the office as a test.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But...

...I don't watch or own a TV.

So...

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

So...
      TVs are the monitors for living rooms. Especially if they are 50"+

Comment

Clever way to trick ABP users...

Comment

I just hope the Landlord isn't reading this

I am looking just for a solution like this for my Living room, but I really don't want to have cables hanging down. So, the cost of the mount will be tiny as compared to the cost of bringing an electrician, oh well. The good news is, I don't really watch traditional TV. We stream everything to a TV Set which is, well, basically a large monitor. I guess the best solution would be a Chromecast like we are already using on the only TV in the house (which happens to be in the Family Room) ...

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
            I just hope the Landlord isn't reading this

I am looking just for a solution like this for my Living room, but I really don't want to have cables hanging down. So, the cost of the mount will be tiny as compared to the cost of bringing an electrician, oh well. The good news is, I don't really watch traditional TV. We stream everything to a TV Set which is, well, basically a large monitor. I guess the best solution would be a Chromecast like we are already using on the only TV in the house (which happens to be in the Family Room) ...
            Replacing and/or patching small sections of sheetrock/drywall is simple. You can always cut out a patch halfway on one of the vertical studs [leaving you with a clean mount later between studs to put in a replacement patch. Houses are typical 16" on center between studs requiring you to have that much width of sheetrock/drywall to buy and cut out. Then you buy the simple tape strip and thinset mix to patch it up. Touch up repaint the wall and you are good to go.

Put a multimedia box at the bottom which can house cable, ethernet, etc and run the cables on the backside up to the monitor behind the mounted display. then cable out to the monitor which is mostly coiled behind the monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
              Replacing and/or patching small sections of sheetrock/drywall is simple. You can always cut out a patch halfway on one of the vertical studs [leaving you with a clean mount later between studs to put in a replacement patch. Houses are typical 16" on center between studs requiring you to have that much width of sheetrock/drywall to buy and cut out. Then you buy the simple tape strip and thinset mix to patch it up. Touch up repaint the wall and you are good to go.
              On a different note, I've never had much luck with making my drywall patches or seams very smooth and even....
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

So...
                I have a TV as the only monitor for my main (HT)PC.
                TVs aren't bad for us you know. They get a lot bigger than computer monitors for cheaper.

Comment

TV as a monitor. That's what I'm using my 39" Vizio TV for (no local dimming, but full-array LED and not a smart TV which I'm happy with), but not wall-mounted because I have my monitor close to me and I blindtype using my Apple keyboard.

The only problem I have is it's non-tilt- and non-height-adjustable. I can't find a height-/tilt-adjustable VESA stand for 39" to 42" TVs at all. Not even a 47" which is way too big to bend my head up. 39" is just perfect but I could go for 37" but no smaller than that. Plus, for some reason, the smaller the TV, the less features it will have in them, but I could be wrong. I saw something like this in Amazon, but with recent TVs from LG and Samsung, I can't find the feature list with different screen sizes. Some features of a TV might only exist in TVs 50" or higher.

I will be moving to my new apartment in Bainbridge, GA tomorrow to post a picture of my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    On a different note, I've never had much luck with making my drywall patches or seams very smooth and even....
                    So Cal Home Theater in San Diego. Visit our Learning Center atwww.sdinstall.com

It's even easier if the guy had cut a rectangle center of stud to stud. If he had cut it properly and mounted drywall screws into the studs, then the straight lines of the tape are a no brainer.

Then just throw the mud mix on the following trowel:

Not using this kind of trowel is the reason people screw up drywall mudding.

You go from the center out of the rectangle and then once dry you buy a drywall sanding block which is around $4.

Last edited by Marc Driftmeyer; 27 September 2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X