Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: Radeon Gallium3D Performance For CS:GO On Linux

Phoronix: Preview: Radeon Gallium3D Performance For CS:GO On Linux

Following last week's release of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for Linux I published many AMD/NVIDIA GPU benchmarks of CS:GO. Those initial results were done using the proprietary AMD and NVIDIA Linux graphics drivers while starting today will be the open-source graphics driver results for this highly popular Valve game.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Arch-ers(pun intended) to the rescue

Comment

I'm running Arch, and I couldn't get the test to run yesterday when I tried it. The game opened fine (though I only went to the menu), but the benchmark didn't run. Maybe my problems are similar to what Michael was experiencing, though I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

Comment

Very good test using same distribution with same mainline kernel for both drivers

Last edited by pinguinpc; 29 September 2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

^ And not home maded results

Current situation with mesa on radeonsi is: llvm 3.4 much spilling issues, llvm 3.5 stuttering and llvm 3.6 borked - so pick your poison

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            ^ And not home maded results

Current situation with mesa on radeonsi is: llvm 3.4 much spilling issues, llvm 3.5 stuttering and llvm 3.6 borked - so pick your poison
            llvm 3.6 is working fine for my Radeon HD 7870 on L4D2, CS:GO, EU IV, Wasteland 2,... All the games I usually play are working fine. What problem are you experiencing?

Comment

Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
              llvm 3.6 is working fine for my Radeon HD 7870 on L4D2, CS:GO, EU IV, Wasteland 2,... All the games I usually play are working fine. What problem are you experiencing?
              It is actually behind the scene problems (you can't see it stright in games, but here and there you should hit some) like some piglits does not pass anymore and swrast does not work, so stuff like that .

Comment

Stupid 5 minute limit.... It is because JITMemoryManager removal so more patches like this one i guess is needed:

Comment

Why i got 71 fps on radeon 7790?
                  OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                    That is because Michael does not compile , he just tests here what Ubuntu curently uses: mesa 10.2.6, llvm-3.4 and nohyperz, etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X