Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apotop Wi-Copy

Phoronix: Apotop Wi-Copy

A new gadget we received recently at Phoronix from Apotop is their Wi-Copy device. Apotop's Wi-Copy is an interesting little device that can serve as a personal WiFi router / hot-spot, wireless/wired card reader, and as a USB device charger.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

WiFi encryption support? Will it blend?

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
      WiFi encryption support? Will it blend?
      WiFi settings can be configured via its HTTP interface.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Doesn't seem to useful to me. I have both iPhone and iPad. The problem with iOS sandbox is that even if I can download stuff with the transfer app, I can't share those files to my text editor app. It has its own sandbox with no access from the outside. The text editor has support for e.g. iCloud and Dropbox but no other cloud sources either. If I sit on an airport with no free wifi around, I have no choice but to pay for wifi because the roaming prices are too high. Can't find any solution to accessing contents of the sd cards / usb sticks from the text editor app. It's easier with pictures. If you can download and add pics to your personal image stream, they're accessible from other apps. Not so with custom file types. Apple does not provide a "filesystem". You only have a small amount of shared resources like 'pics'.

Comment

Jailbreak?

Use something normal and linux-like, which doesn't treat users as complete retards?

Comment

Originally posted by konserw View Post
            Jailbreak?

Use something normal and linux-like, which doesn't treat users as complete retards?
            iOS needs much less resources than Android because the apps aren't slow Java programs. I mainly bought the iPad because it was the first retina tablet and nexus stuff wasn't available back then. So yes it's old, but the new ones aren't any better.

Comment

Can it also route from UMTS/LTE?

This sounds like something very close to what I am looking for as a travel accessoir for connecting more than one device to a given network connection.

Wifi to Wifi obviously a must for things like device limited hotel networks, routing ethernet to Wifi is great, but can it share a mobile broadband connection with a respective device plugged in at the USB port?

Michael: any chance to test this?

Cheers,
              _

Comment

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
                This sounds like something very close to what I am looking for as a travel accessoir for connecting more than one device to a given network connection.

Wifi to Wifi obviously a must for things like device limited hotel networks, routing ethernet to Wifi is great, but can it share a mobile broadband connection with a respective device plugged in at the USB port?

Michael: any chance to test this?

Cheers,
                _
                If it doesn't, there are several products in this category that do this, such as the HooToo:

and the RavPower:

Buy RAVPower External Wireless Mobile File Transfer WiFi Disk & 3000mAh Power Bank for Tablet PC & Smartphones with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Neither device's description mentions mobile broadband device support, but nevertheless good to know about other alternatives in this category.

I guess I'll have to search if some other site's test of any of these has given any thought to testing modem sharing capabilities.

Cheers,
                  _

Comment

Working...
                  X