Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.3.1 Point Release Now Available

Phoronix: Mesa 10.3.1 Point Release Now Available

For users of Mesa stable releases rather than the exciting Git activity, there's some new releases worth upgrading to...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking forward to Mesa 11 with OpenGL 4.0 support, maybe 4.1, maybe even 4.2 support.

Comment

and no stable ppa, for ubuntu 14.04

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
        I wonder if they'll include it on 14.10, given that
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The release is way too close to include new packages, but OTOH, these are all bugfixes ...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Looking forward to Mesa 11 with OpenGL 4.0 support, maybe 4.1, maybe even 4.2 support.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt
          Holy crap those 3 versions are just around the corner. That's pretty exciting. Looks like 4.3 to 4.5 have a way to go but still not too far. It's a little irritating how openGL is so much in-the-way, because it prevents the devs from improving on non-GL hardware-specific features and other optimizations (though it seems intel is pretty caught up with that).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt
            Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

Comment

hm

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
              creat one then

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                Thanks! This pointed out that there is a bug in the update of the GL3.txt file. I'll fix that as soon as I'm back from work (that shouldn't be long).
                It's good to see some activity on this file, it was a month before the last commit!

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
                  Thanks! This pointed out that there is a bug in the update of the GL3.txt file. I'll fix that as soon as I'm back from work (that shouldn't be long).
                  It's good to see some activity on this file, it was a month before the last commit!
                  Ok, fixed! (git sometimes has a very twisted syntax...)

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                    Thanks, really cool website!

Comment

Working...
                    X