Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXQt 0.8 Desktop Released With Full Qt5 Support, New Theme

Phoronix: LXQt 0.8 Desktop Released With Full Qt5 Support, New Theme

Version 0.8 of LXQt -- the Qt version of the open-source, lightweight LXDE desktop -- was released on Monday. Important to LXQt 0.8 is full Qt5 compatibility while Qt4 support is being maintained too until the next release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

any automount system?

Comment

Originally posted by marccollin View Post
      any automount system?
      My installation has one but I am not sure if I installed manualy or if it came directly with it.

Really happy to see 0.8 come out. Now the aur package on arch for lxqt now works again for me.
      And it even has fixed a ton of grafical issues.

Does anyone now if you can already run lxqt under wayland?
      Would like t give it a try.

Comment

Automounting is just another vector for security breaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Automounting is just another vector for security breaches.
          So are web browsers, sudo, an active internet connection, and just about anything else imaginable.. Hence why I like KDE's option of "Only automount drives I've manually mounted before." Good middle ground.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Awesome, and just in time. Can't wait for this to hit Gentoo!

Comment

Originally posted by marccollin View Post
              any automount system?
              I haven't used LXQt yet but the GTK+ version of PCManFM offers to handle automounting so it wouldn't surprise me if pcmanfm-qt also offered it.

Comment

Tried LXQt, didn't see much of the improvement but it is always some step ahead. Xfce didn't have big update from ages.

LXQt doesn't have ANY wayland compositor and Weston won't work without changes. Also Qt5 has wayland backend only on github, I don't know when it will be merged to Qt5 package.

Comment

I'm pretty confident they'll use KWin5 for Wayland. KWin is already one of the supported window managers and with KF5 it's getting even better to use on non-KDE platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by maslascher View Post
                    Tried LXQt, didn't see much of the improvement but it is always some step ahead. Xfce didn't have big update from ages.

LXQt doesn't have ANY wayland compositor and Weston won't work without changes. Also Qt5 has wayland backend only on github, I don't know when it will be merged to Qt5 package.
                    In Qt5.4 : http://qt-project.org/wiki/New-Features-in-Qt-5.4 "The Wayland platform plugin is now part of the release."

Comment

Working...
                    X