The VC4 Gallium3D Driver Is Still Moving Along For The Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The VC4 Gallium3D Driver Is Still Moving Along For The Raspberry Pi

Phoronix: The VC4 Gallium3D Driver Is Still Moving Along For The Raspberry Pi

Eric Anholt has provided a status update concerning the state of Broadcom's VC4 Gallium3D driver that provides open-source graphics support for the Raspberry Pi...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: The VC4 Gallium3D Driver Is Still Moving Along For The Raspberry Pi

Eric Anholt has provided a status update concerning the state of Broadcom's VC4 Gallium3D driver that provides open-source graphics support for the Raspberry Pi...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgxNzY
    I didn't know GPUs had hands, any advice on how to make it do the dishes?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      I didn't know GPUs had hands, any advice on how to make it do the dishes?

haha good catch, but the current issue is the driver doesn't know how to handle the hands at all.
      what to do in event of GPU hands

Comment

naaah ... raspberry here, raspberry there. I want to see good drivers for my freescale imx6.
        I would do it myself but i have no clue how to do such things!

(The author of etnaviv decided to stop finishing the project but instead telling "almost done, do it yourself")
        Last edited by Kemosabe; 20 October 2014, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
          naaah ... raspberry here, raspberry there. I want to see good drivers for my freescale imx6.

(The author of etnaviv decided to stop finishing the project but instead telling "almost done, do it yourself")
          You know that there is active work on etnaviv DRM driver, libdrm-etnaviv and a gallium driver?
          https://github.com/austriancoder

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

Me too, And I shall be making donation to someone who work on a DRM driver for gpu Vivante (and KMS imx driver).
            But I can't pay a developer fulltime alone

Comment

Mainline support for my efika MX smartbook would be great! I could also make some small donation for that. Moreover I know some C so mabey I could help, but don't know where to start...

Comment

Originally posted by konserw View Post
                Mainline support for my efika MX smartbook would be great! I could also make some small donation for that. Moreover I know some C so mabey I could help, but don't know where to start...
                I'm not an expert but If you are curious you can :
                First: Look at this video : Embedded Linux Conference 2013 - Anatomy of an Embedded KMS Driver
                Second : Read kernel documentation : Kernel DRM documentation
                Third : Look at etna_viv project on github (wiki, doc, code) : etna_viv

And subscribe to dev mailing list (dri-devel, wandboard-dev, mesa-dev, ).
                In staging kernel there are a start of kms driver for imx : imx-drm, but no start for vivante drm driver.
                But Vivante have opensource linux kernel driver (not DRM).

And good luck

Comment

Working...
                X