Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Tries To Make OpenPGP Key Signing Easier

Phoronix: GNOME Tries To Make OpenPGP Key Signing Easier

This past week the first release of GNOME Keysign was made available, a tool aimed at making OpenPGP key signing easier...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

TOR

I wish they would also make TOR more integrated into the Shell...

Comment

While I like initiatives to make secure communications easier, the fact that it?s made for Gnome renders it pretty much useless. Or at least useful only for Gnome 3 users to exchange/sign keys with other Gnome 3 users?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
        While I like initiatives to make secure communications easier, the fact that it?s made for Gnome renders it pretty much useless. Or at least useful only for Gnome 3 users to exchange/sign keys with other Gnome 3 users?
        Hey hey now Gnome is making a comeback.

I am happier using Gnome 3.14 than I ever was using other DE's

Extensions allow permanent no border firefox.
        Using just the hot corner to move around is awesome. You can even make both upper corners hot for people who need to switch desktops often.
        There is an addon that turns Gnome favorites into an autohide bottom dock also.
        Animations are smooth as silk.

Give it an honest try for a week. Or a retry.

Comment

You can use gnome apps outside gnome.
          I'm a LXDE user, but I use almost all gnome core apps...
          You just need GTK3
          (ok, you also need some tons of random dependencies).

Comment

Originally posted by souenzzo View Post
            You can use gnome apps outside gnome.
            Sure you can, if you want to suffer with broken themes and windows with non-standard borders that don?t look&feel like you want, things that break for every new gtk3 release, and install a lot of gnome crap.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
              Sure you can, if you want to suffer with broken themes and windows with non-standard borders that don?t look&feel like you want, things that break for every new gtk3 release, and install a lot of gnome crap.
              I use GNOME apps outside of GNOME on a regular basis and have none of those problems. Anecdotes don't replace data either way.

Comment

Working...
              X