Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.4 RC1 Is Here, Lands Direct3D 9 State Tracker

Phoronix: Mesa 10.4 RC1 Is Here, Lands Direct3D 9 State Tracker

Emil Velikov has announced the first release candidate for the upcoming Mesa 10.4 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there a list of what I need to get this working on arch? It appears the mesa-git repo was already updated with this, do I just need a patched wine aswell?

Comment

Right now mesa-git and lib32-mesa-git arch packages don't seem updated (do not have --enable-nine).

We have changed the location where the nine .so is put very recently, we just need write a clean patch to make wine load it (since we changed location, we used quick hack to make it work).

Also let us a few days, to make clear instructions for everyone for installing.

Comment

Is it nouveau friendly?

Comment

Michael seems to be of the opinion that the wine developers "should do X" ... where X = "patch wine to support GalliumNine directly". Michael, I'm sure the wine developers would be happy for you to maintain it.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
            Is there a list of what I need to get this working on arch? It appears the mesa-git repo was already updated with this, do I just need a patched wine aswell?
            You need mesa-d3d9-git, wine-d3dstream-git and also ati-xf86-video-d3d9-git which unfortunately does not have a PKGBUILD. Fortunately for the last one, you can just use ati-xf86-video-git PKGBUILD and switch it to using nine's repo instead of fdo.

With nine landing in mesa-git though, mesa-d3d9-git will need to change (as currently it pull from nine's git).

As a warning, I have built many versions since yesterday, and so far I've been unable to get it working.
            I've been on IRC with some nine guys, and we haven't found why yet either... so careful if you don't have much free time to work on this

Now,I used many months ago, on DRI2 instead of DRI3 and it worked...
            Last edited by geearf; 18 November 2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping LordHeavy will soon enable it in his repos, and that would make things a lot easier for all of us.
              Then we'd only have to fiddle with wine.

edit: he confirmed that will do that soon!
              Last edited by geearf; 18 November 2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Can the D3D9 state tracker work on Optimus systems? I have a Intel HD4000 + Nvidia GT630M. I'm using the Nvidia card really rarely, so I wouldn't care about the fact that I would have no access to the proprietary driver.

Comment

Is this "Gallium Nine" (Direct3D state tracker) useful for anything besides Wine?

Will it be stuck on Direct3D 9 level of support, or do they plan to implement support for Direct3D 10, 11 and 11.2 too?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Is this "Gallium Nine" (Direct3D state tracker) useful for anything besides Wine?

Will it be stuck on Direct3D 9 level of support, or do they plan to implement support for Direct3D 10, 11 and 11.2 too?
                    Right now it has pretty much little use apart from wine-nine.
                    But in the future, it could open up doors to native Direct3d9 app in other OSes than Windows.

As for the rest, I'm not sure, but I'd say it'll depend on how useful this state tracker becomes.

Comment

Working...
                    X