Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Cherry Trail Delayed To Next Year

Phoronix: Intel's Cherry Trail Delayed To Next Year

While we've been quite excited to get our hands on Cherry Trail hardware after the great encounters with Bay Trail on Linux, it looks like we'll be waiting a few more months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You have to be an Intel employee to remember all those names and what they stand for..

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      You have to be an Intel employee to remember all those names and what they stand for..
      they really are hard to remember but i am no intel employee and i remember them and michael could have searched in google

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        they really are hard to remember but i am no intel employee and i remember them and michael could have searched in google
        Actually I think I remember most every laptop/desktop related Intel codename going back to Springdale~Brookdale days.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I've been out of the loop but what happened to AMD competition here, the Brazos line I believe. For a while they had a better product than Intel and then silence. Did AMD screw themselves again?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
            I've been out of the loop but what happened to AMD competition here, the Brazos line I believe. For a while they had a better product than Intel and then silence. Did AMD screw themselves again?
            After Brazos came Kabini/Temash and then Beema/Mullins. They're around, if you look at netbooks or cheap laptops, you'll find them. So it's not silence, however from what I can see, Intel Baytrail is more prevalent this price segment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
              After Brazos came Kabini/Temash and then Beema/Mullins. They're around, if you look at netbooks or cheap laptops, you'll find them. So it's not silence, however from what I can see, Intel Baytrail is more prevalent this price segment.
              There was also Carrizo-L preview announce week ago, Puma+ should be something like upgraded Beema i guess

Last edited by dungeon; 25 November 2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I think the progression of "small" CPU core names is Bobcat => Jaguar => Puma.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  I think the progression of "small" CPU core names is Bobcat => Jaguar => Puma.
                  Bridgman are the ARM based stuff coming in 2015?

Comment

A few hours after writing that I get this info.

Take a look inside the new January Security-only patches specifically for Win7 and 8.1 AMD machines that were blue-screend by the original January Security-only patches. Win10 brickees still in limbo.

Looks like things are in flux at AMD again.

Originally posted by Gusar View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X