Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Open-Source, Linux Benchmarks To Feast On

Phoronix: New Open-Source, Linux Benchmarks To Feast On

There's some new test profiles to exploit for your next round of open-source, Linux testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

stockfish

Out of curiosity Michael, what are measuring in stockfish? Nodes per second?

Comment

Originally posted by jrdls View Post
      Out of curiosity Michael, what are measuring in stockfish? Nodes per second?
      For now at least, the expressed time via "stockfish bench" That may change to some other metric (e.g. Nodes per second) once I have seen results from more systems to see how the performance is, as I'm not too familiar with stockfish but was just recommended recently to incorporate it into PTS.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

stockfish is not scaling on multiple cores at all, only single core was used during test
        OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
          stockfish is not scaling on multiple cores at all, only single core was used during test
          http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...KH-TESTIK54488
          Yes, I believe stockfish runs on a single thread unless you set the uci option "Threads" to another value.

@Michael: I don't think stockfish bench runs on more more than one thread but in any case you can reach stockfish devs if you have any questions here.

Comment

Working...
          X