Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolla Tablet Could Have Upgrades For MicroSDHC, Split Screen, 3.5G

Phoronix: Jolla Tablet Could Have MicroSDHC, Split Screen, 3.5G Upgrade

Last week Jolla launched the Jolla Tablet with Sailfish OS 2.0 that's set to take the waters next year. The Jolla Tablet launched via crowd-funding and thus far it's been wildly successful. Given the success, Jolla has added some stretch goals to the campaign that ends in December...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the title is a bit funny. I'm quite certain it is already planned to have MicroSDHC support as it will support 32 GB cards anyway.

I guess that this upgrade is about software updates as even the Jolla phone can use cards bigger than 32 GB just not out of the box but with formatting the card to another (better) file system than FAT and modifying some scripts. I haven't tested that personally though.

I'd be more interested in active digitizer and as I currently have a nice tablet (Nexus 7 2013 version) I haven't pledged.

Although the 3G option sounds nice, I doubt we'll reach 2,5M.
    Last edited by Tomin; 28 November 2014, 12:10 PM. Reason: a typo

Comment

For those interested, their Jolla Phone is discounted @250? this week:

Comment

I don't like crowdfunded money being used to pay M$ for exFAT patents.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          I don't like crowdfunded money being used to pay M$ for exFAT patents.
          I second this. What a waste of money. Just support f2fs and be done.

Comment

Please vote here for Jolla to revise that stretch goal: https://together.jolla.com/question/...tent-licenses/

Comment

The specs don't seem so bad if the software will be optimised to run on it.
              Including drivers and BIOS/UEFI/CoreBoot.

An awesome feature would be multiple SDHC ports.
              Support for SDXC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDXC
              These features would be neat and great selling points.
              Especially for those who want to have different cards for data and OS + applications.
              Multiple card slots would make the tablet stand out, make it have an unique feature that could capture the consumers imagination and joy.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
                I second this. What a waste of money. Just support f2fs and be done.
                You could have it be almost any FS, and have some sort of workaround or compatibility layer so they don't even need to exFAT it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
                  I'd be more interested in active digitizer and as I currently have a nice tablet (Nexus 7 2013 version) I haven't pledged.
                  Already requested on their askbot-based feedback-thingy:

[Request] [Jolla Tablet] Wacom digitizer (active-pen) support

As the current stretch goals are more or less based on such popular questions, who knows - they might also consider it if it gets more votes.

Comment

split screen goal sounds strange since the multitasking view already allow to directly control apps. $250,000 for a feature already having most of his code written ?

Comment

Working...
                    X