Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snappy Ubuntu Core Announced

Phoronix: Snappy Ubuntu Core Announced

Canonical just announced Ubuntu Core with snappy transactional updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure I get it.. Do I have to bundle a full copy of the Qt framework for each application I ship with this?

Comment

I think the marketing is getting too heavy...

"... atomic, image-based workflows."

WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by skriticos View Post
        I'm not sure I get it.. Do I have to bundle a full copy of the Qt framework for each application I ship with this?
        Do you work with servers with hundreds of virtual images and resource reallocation where starting and killing virtual machines that do specific tasks dynamically is important?

If not, then don't even bother with this, it is not for normal desktop and small-scale server users.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          Do you work with servers with hundreds of virtual images and resource reallocation where starting and killing virtual machines that do specific tasks dynamically is important?

If not, then don't even bother with this, it is not for normal desktop and small-scale server users.
          Then why was he holding a phone in the hand the entire time and advertise this a panacea for "carrier grade" updates? Are that kind of servers put on phones now-a-days?.. I must be getting old!

Comment

Hm, single-file core, where have I seen that before

Comment

Originally posted by skriticos View Post
              Then why was he holding a phone in the hand the entire time and advertise this a panacea for "carrier grade" updates? Are that kind of servers put on phones now-a-days?.. I must be getting old!
              Did you not watch the whole video? It is explained why he starts talking about the phone.

Comment

From the source:
                This is the smallest, safest platform for Docker deployment ever
                Really just a bunch of buzzwords for what this is, a Docker Wrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by undersuit View Post
                  From the source:

Really just a bunch of buzzwords for what this is, a Docker Wrapper.
                  You say that like it is a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
                    I think the marketing is getting too heavy...

"... atomic, image-based workflows."

WTF.
                    Huh. I guess I really did have to watch the video.

Comment

Working...
                    X