Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 22's X.Org Input Stack Might Use Libinput

Phoronix: Fedora 22's X.Org Input Stack Might Use Libinput

The input X.Org drivers currently used by Fedora might by replaced with just the xf86-input-libinput DDX driver for Fedora 22. This input driver relies upon libinput that was originally designed for Wayland/Weston but can be retrofitted just fine as a standalone input driver for the X.Org Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fedora 21 with wayland on my laptop is currently unusable due to the touchpad being oversensive and buggy. Hopefully that is fixed soon I was looking forward to testing wayland but its just not usable on my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
      Fedora 21 with wayland on my laptop is currently unusable due to the touchpad being oversensive and buggy. Hopefully that is fixed soon I was looking forward to testing wayland but its just not usable on my laptop.
      click here to jump to the instructions Mice have an optical sensor that tells them how far they moved in "mickeys". Depending on the senso...

Comment

Great!

I look forward to this.
        Maybe it makes it easier to write macro software to perform macros, such as sending input events.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
          maybe it is the touchpad specific problem. i didn't notice any difference from X.Org. only thing i could hold against it would be lack of right side scrolling. still, for 1st Wayland implementation in the world i was overly impressed. though, i did notice that gnome compositor is not as fluid as Weston for some reason, which again is nothing to scream about it since it is 1st try.

Comment

Doeas anyone know if a GUI for disabling mouse acceleration in Linux is going to be implemented during this decade?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
              Doeas anyone know if a GUI for disabling mouse acceleration in Linux is going to be implemented during this decade?
              Available in KDE System Settings since ages.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                maybe it is the touchpad specific problem.
                Don't make guesses, read the link I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  Available in KDE System Settings since ages.
                  That explains why I've never seen it
                  You know, the problem is how to >completely< disable mouse acceleration and give access to more settings (all is described in the xorg docs). You sure have acceleration controls in LXDE, Gnome until not long ago and then there are article e.g. "how to completely disable mouse acceleration on LXDE".

Comment

Working...
                  X