Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK's Broadway Back-End Now Supports SSL

Phoronix: GTK's Broadway Back-End Now Supports SSL

There's already a lot of new features coming to GTK+ for GNOME 3.16 and now the latest addition is SSL support for the Broadway back-end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm still confused about what exactly this is... How do I use it, or what can I use it with? Is there some kind of online thing where you can play with it?

Comment

Originally posted by jagoly View Post
      I'm still confused about what exactly this is... How do I use it, or what can I use it with? Is there some kind of online thing where you can play with it?
      (Sorry for mistakes since I've not tried it)
      Imo this project allows you to run a GTK3 application on some remote host on your HTML5 browser.
      It's a bit like an improved version of VNC or X11 Forwarding.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
        (Sorry for mistakes since I've not tried it)
        Imo this project allows you to run a GTK3 application on some remote host on your HTML5 browser.
        It's a bit like an improved version of VNC or X11 Forwarding.

Yeah, I figured it'd be something like that. I remember trying to do something (anything) with it not too long ago, but couldn't actually find any info on how, or even any examples of it being used. I'll look into it again tomorrow I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jagoly View Post
          Yeah, I figured it'd be something like that. I remember trying to do something (anything) with it not too long ago, but couldn't actually find any info on how, or even any examples of it being used. I'll look into it again tomorrow I guess.
          Look for Alexander Larsson's blog. He's the developer behind this, iirc.
          To use it you need to set the GDK_BACKEND=broadway (iirc) for whatever app you want to remote.
          I've forgotten which port it runs on, though, but just netstat to find it.

Comment

Working...
          X