Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Catalyst Linux Graphics Benchmarks Year-In-Review

Phoronix: 2014 Catalyst Linux Graphics Benchmarks Year-In-Review

With the year quickly coming to an end, it's time to do our year-end driver recap benchmarks from the year for the proprietary AMD and NVIDIA graphics drivers as well as the open-source drivers. To get things started, here's benchmarks done of the official AMD Catalyst Linux releases of 2014 and testing these drivers on three different graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It seems as if they cannot get any additional performance out of Catalyst. Meanwhile, the open source Gallium3D drivers are catching up quickly.

Comment

Great Job AMD!

Seems like AMD stopped caring about their Radeon HD series cards.

Very 'Nice' big 14.12 update, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
        It seems as if they cannot get any additional performance out of Catalyst. Meanwhile, the open source Gallium3D drivers are catching up quickly.
        They probably don't find the cause of the bottleneck. It's not that Catalyst is inefficient, it's just that it usually never uses 100% of the GPU. More like 50%, if at all. Something is just wrong.

Comment

ondemand scaling strikes again

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
            They already beat Catalyst to death unless you have some recent GCN crap.

Comment

Originally posted by yash View Post

Stopped? Did they ever care? o_O

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yash View Post

Actually, there is a very big difference between 14.12 and the drivers before...everything is not about performance. Wtih 14.12 all games and demos actually work and they work well .

I was actually suprised to see that now I am able to run the Metro: Redux games, the unreal engine demos work without a problem, all graphics glithes from Dota2, Civ5, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are gone.

I love the 14.12 drivers!

Comment

Originally posted by vein View Post
                    Actually, there is a very big difference between 14.12 and the drivers before...everything is not about performance. Wtih 14.12 all games and demos actually work and they work well .

I was actually suprised to see that now I am able to run the Metro: Redux games, the unreal engine demos work without a problem, all graphics glithes from Dota2, Civ5, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are gone.

I love the 14.12 drivers!
                    Now try running some games in wine...

Comment

Working...
                    X