Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Deepin 2014.2 Makes It Out Just In Time For The New Year

Phoronix: Linux Deepin 2014.2 Makes It Out Just In Time For The New Year

Version 2014.2 of Deepin was released today, the Linux distribution powered by its own HTML5-powered Deepin Desktop Environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

An HTML 5 desktop...rather interesting.

Those using Arch or Arch-based/compatible distros can check out the Deepin Desktop Environment here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...op_Environment

Comment

High DPI Support pls

Only reason I dont use this DE is that theres no HighDPI support ;/ my eyes cant forgive me.

Cool im on the Credits list though... wow.

Comment

Not to mention that the desktop environment is programmed in Go.

Comment

Installed it last night and after uninstalling the crashing buggy google chrome it has been a realy solid OS. It's pretty snappy. After installing a dock it is a joy to use.
          Now if only I can get it to use the Ubuntu 14.10 repos.

Comment

They removed the BitTorrent download option and added fucking MEGA instead that can't even load the ISO without a browser extension.
            Let's see how many tries I need to successfully download 2014.2.

Comment

There is a sourceforge and an official mirror.

There is also a torrent floating around.

Comment

Downloaded it last night on my Windows installation, used the the tool on the .ISO to create a bootdisk, booted, installed, and ran. Easiest installation of an OS that I've ever tried. On top of that, the layout is pretty fast to learn.
                I've had some issues making Linux installs work on this PC, which turned out to be a CPUID (iirc) setting in the UEFI BIOS -_-

Comment

Working...
                X