Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.16 To Have Foursquare Integration, Check-In On GNOME Maps

Phoronix: GNOME 3.16 To Have Foursquare Integration, Check-In On GNOME Maps

While Foursquare's heydays seem to be largely over, GNOME 3.16 is going to premiere its GNOME Online Accounts integration with Foursquare and allow users to check-in on GNOME Maps...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Never even heard of Foursquare. GNOME developers remove features that people use and instead integrate some unknown stuff.

10/10 would use again.

Comment

Yay for proprietary services in Gnome

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        Never even heard of Foursquare. GNOME developers remove features that people use and instead integrate some unknown stuff.

10/10 would use again.
        Under what rock have you been living? Foursquare is a very popular social network. I use it regularly, just like lots and lots of other people. The fact that you haven't heard of it doesn't mean a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post

10/10 would use again.
          The more than 50 million subscribers couldn't give a rat's ass about Linux. This is a smart move by GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            Yay for proprietary services in Gnome
            Why do you hate Linux? Do you want it to be only used by tinfoil hat commies? Ordinary people live in a world where web services are primary means of communication. People also have GPS in many devices so it's good to finally be able to use it. Gnome pretty much makes a strong statement here to the direction of social friendly world. If you don't have friends, use something like xmonad.

Comment

?

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
              Under what rock have you been living? Foursquare is a very popular social network. I use it regularly, just like lots and lots of other people. The fact that you haven't heard of it doesn't mean a thing.
              popular? first time i heard

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                The more than 50 million subscribers couldn't give a rat's ass about Linux. This is a smart move by GNOME.
                Rats are actually edible in India, their asses probably too, are you a Indian hater?

Comment

In verion 4 i see gnome as a poor cousin of AOL hehe

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                    Why do you hate Linux? Do you want it to be only used by tinfoil hat commies? Ordinary people live in a world where web services are primary means of communication. People also have GPS in many devices so it's good to finally be able to use it. Gnome pretty much makes a strong statement here to the direction of social friendly world. If you don't have friends, use something like xmonad.
                    WEbservices like facebook are dieing, the new facebook is called IM many use this microsoft shit thing, but at least its not web based

Browsers suck really bad, happy when we get them out of the way some day compeltly. Web gives freedom to the developers that they can force slow ugly shit to the users, I want to be able to define how everything I use behaves and looks like, I dont want to have to learn for each webpage a different interface. Especialy forums suck like hell.

Even FAcebook did have to learn what I am saying, they made their client first very webbased, and it had very less success, after they made it a real non-web-app users could bare to use it.

A bit they even understand my theme thing, you have to only learn this one website and manage their looks, so you have to not learn different sites aka apps. But still its slow shit... so yes you can make a native frontend app for this website, but for what do you then need the website?

And btw I am using something like xmonad and therefor I am proud to have no friends if that takes it to get a usable input output system that works great.

on the other hand I dont have any hate against gnome in general but also I am a bit sceptical when they commit so much to such spy-networks. I mean they had google support earlier than owncloud so their priorities are a bit off in my oppinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X