Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamil: Bringing Open-Source Graphics To ARM's Mali T-Series

Phoronix: Tamil: Bringing Open-Source Graphics To ARM's Mali T-Series

It's been a while since last having anything to report on the Lima graphics driver as the project by Luc Verhaegen to provide a open-source, reverse-engineered ARM Mali driver. While it's been a while, it seems Luc is still working on the driver -- or what he's now calling the "Tamil Driver" as the Lima driver for ARM's Mali T-series hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting name "tamil". Its actually a language I speak.

Comment

Ya, was about to comment on that. Another ungoogleable name in the traditional FOSS fashion.

Name notwithstanding, I wish luck to the effort.

Comment

I have the tablet on that picture(the newer 1GB memory version), bought it when the KDE tablet was still a thing hoping to be able to play with plasma on it, but all I ended up with was an unsupported chinese tablet after that went nowhere, still stuck on ICS 4.0.4 and a crippled dpi setting with about two third party modded roms(still the same ICS) that fix the dpi issue but don't support the hdmi output. Hope this will open the door for other roms.

Comment

Originally posted by hadrons123 View Post
          Interesting name "tamil". Its actually a language I speak.
          Tamil = Mali T

Comment

So can we please have a source code release for Lima? The limadriver project hasn't produced any open code for like 2 years now. The least you could do is release what you have before starting a new project, even if they are related in some way. What good is limadriver if no one can use it? Meanwhile freedreno has been improving like crazy and vc4 came up and out of nowhere (though I still can't get it to run, but I can compile it at least).

Comment

Working...
            X