Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Mobile Site Improvement Feedback

Phoronix: Phoronix Mobile Site Improvement Feedback

Going along with Starting Off 2015 With An Improved Experience For Phoronix Readers, mobile site optimizations will hopefully come in the not too distant future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

May be a bit off topic, but I would like to see separate RSS items for the different categories on Phoronix. While I enjoy many articles posted here about software and operating systems, there is a lot of stuff that put me off, like games, drivers and hardware in general.

Comment

If possible, please don't use flash ads on the mobile page. They are especially annoying there.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
        If possible, please don't use flash ads on the mobile page. They are especially annoying there.
        Unfortunately don't have much control over it as the ad networks don't have any flags that I can pass it when to or not show certain ad types -- e.g. SWF.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

My suggested layout http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...856#post428856 was already ready for different size/resolutions and mobile/tablet screens. It would need just minor tweaks for customization.

You can use freely whatever you need from it if you feel like it would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
            That's not even a concern anymore. Any post-Froyo Android phone no longer ships with Flash. Windows Phone and iOS also never supported Flash. Flash ads will just show up as empty / blank content

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
              Mobile optimizations haven't come quicker due to lack of resources with running everything single-handedly and already clocking in about one hundred hour work weeks. Anything UI related also isn't a favorite of mine nor an area of expertise. The site regardless will continue to be powered by PHXCMS over WordPress or any other content management system. In 2015 I'll hopefully have a good working mobile implementation of Phoronix but if there's any minor tweaks or changes that would be straightforward and beneficial, I can try to address those in the near-term.
              I got one, but I don't know if it can be considered "minor".

Currently, when viewing the site on a mobile browser, zooming the page on the handset does not cause the text to automatically wraparound within the display's confines. This is how it looks like on my Windows Phone 8.1 handset:

Maybe if you can modify the layout in such a way that whenever I zoom in on my mobile browser the contents will automatically wrap themselves to the display so that it's much easier to read.

Comment

I only get this problem on Fire on Android but sometimes random posts have very tiny fonts. Sometimes, it would be an entire page of posts. Resetting Firefox does not fix this.Anyone else having the same problem

http://m.imgur.com/kuQOkaC.

I also agree with the fact that it would be nice if text were allowed to rewrap itself when zooming in and out.

Comment

URL rewriting would be great. And you need to fix how the page title is shared, it should place Phoronix after the article title.

The site fits great on my Nexus 10.

Comment

Originally posted by toyotabedzrock View Post
                    URL rewriting would be great. And you need to fix how the page title is shared, it should place Phoronix after the article title.

The site fits great on my Nexus 10.
                    URL rewriting will take a lot more work to implement, but have had it on my TODO list for a while.

For the title change, that's easy to do and so have already changed that around as it's a valid point. Thanks.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X