Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD 4.0.2 Fixes A Major Kernel Memory Leak

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD 4.0.2 Fixes A Major Kernel Memory Leak

DragonFlyBSD 4.0 was released back in November with a variety of improvements while today the v4.0.2 point release is out to take care of some issues...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is wrong with you people? Totally normal website! But I guess this isn't enough for today's consumer generation.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure Linux, Windows, and other BSD's never had any memory leaks...

would never use something that has such a horrible website. Go to apple.com and compare.
      So you expect open-source projects with limited funds and development resources to have websites that look like a multi-billion dollar company that has literally has more money than it knows what to do with? Surely, you troll.
      Don't judge a book by its cover. I've seen a lot of open source projects with simple websites because the devs are too busy and/or they don't give a fsck what people think of their HTML aesthetics. It doesn't correlate much (at all?) with the quality of the software itself.

If you think Apple is great, then have fun letting them rape your wallet and abuse your privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        What is wrong with you people? Totally normal website! But I guess this isn't enough for today's consumer generation.
        I'm guessing it's a troll by looking at the posting history. It has a very similar posting style to the old "B0ss" troll and it's named "Master." Funny, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
          All I'm saying is that if you want to compete then you should at least get a designer to create a good website. I understand they don't have the same funds, and if they don't then they should focus more on the bling bling. I know this doesn't get programmers hard but that is what they should do if they want to popularize their OS.
          I'll bite anyway.
          I don't use any BSD but DragonFly wins already in my book http://www.dragonflybsd.org/performance/. Apart from fancy animations and pretty icons Apple can offer you hardware lock and an expensive store full of useless malware.
          I always heard how it is easy to use low latency audio with OS X so other day I decided to try that. But guess what? Good internal audio cards dont work under OS X and good luck finding external one that will work OOB so you pretty much stuck with crappy onboard Realteks.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
            All I'm saying is that if you want to compete then you should at least get a designer to create a good website.
            BSD people have a history of simple and sometimes deliberately awful looking websites

id say that it would be easy for them to make a great looking website,
            but they don't in order to ward off morons^H^H^H^H^H^H people that judge things by how pretty they look

Comment

The fact that this bug even existed in a kernel tells everyone that this shitty OS called DragonflyBSD not only lacks in developers but also the handful of developers they are total crap and as for Mad Dog Dillon, proof that he is insane beyond record.

If you can't get create a proper OS, don't create one. BSD.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                I'll bite anyway.
                I don't use any BSD but DragonFly wins already in my book http://www.dragonflybsd.org/performance/.
                That benchmark is bias as fuck. It compares a recently developed DragonflyBSD kernel to an outdated Linux kernel 2.x. Put Linux 3.x in there and DragonflyBSD stats will be a flat-line and a complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_lesser View Post
                  The fact that this bug even existed in a kernel tells everyone that this shitty OS called DragonflyBSD not only lacks in developers but also the handful of developers they are total crap and as for Mad Dog Dillon, proof that he is insane beyond record.

If you can't get create a proper OS, don't create one. BSD.
                  Your life sucks.

Comment

Trolls

So, I wonder why BSD stories always bring out the trolls? It's not like Dragonfly BSD's existence is a threat to whatever their operating system of choice is. So, why the hate? If this is trolling for the sake of getting a rise out of people, it's not like there are going to be 1000 people jumping in to defend Dragonfly BSD here.

I just don't get it. If you just want to troll, why not wait for one of the periodic systemd stories, or some story about Gnome or Ubuntu where you can really get the flame wars burning?

I've not used Dragonfly BSD, but I'm still grateful to Mr. Dillon for the DICE C compiler on the Amiga. I couldn't afford a commercial compiler back in the day, and it was the compiler I first learned C programming on. I owe him a debt for my technical education, and I hate to see people bad mouthing the man for providing code to the community, free of charge.

Comment

Working...
                    X