Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverStone Strider Gold S Series 750W

Phoronix: SilverStone Strider Gold S Series 750W

For those in need of a high performance power supply that's small, completely modular, and very reliable, the SilverStone ST75F-GS if the Strider Gold S Series is worth a gander.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In-Depth Testing Can Be Found Elsewhere

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

For those in need of a high performance power supply that's small, completely modular, and very reliable, the SilverStone ST75F-GS if the Strider Gold S Series is worth a gander.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=21341
    For anyone that "wants to get their geek on" regarding power supply testing, have a look at the "Reviews" section of http://jonnyguru.com

That web site has very detailed and technical reviews of at least 3 models of Silverstone Strider Gold S series power supplies...and the "jonnyguru" site seems to like them also.

You can find some other technical reviews of Silverstone Strider Plus power supplies at http://hardwaresecrets.com

Comment

This small 750 Watt Gold PSU has been running within the SilverStone Raven RV05 chassis that is home to the MSI X99S SLI PLUS motherboard, 16GB of DDR4 system memory
      I have the same PSU, running in the Fortress05 version of your case, with the same motherboard, 16GB of DDR4, and a 5820k. Working great.

I still have a Silverstone 300W fanless Nightjar PSU which is going strong after nine years of service!

And a Silverstone 750W Strider Modular (bronze) that is fine after five years.

Which is why i went for the 750W Strider S Modular (Gold) this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        So while I'm not focused on running a bunch of scientific tests on power supplies that don't mean much to most users anyhow, [...]

At the end of the day the ST75-GS is a reliable 750 Watt power supply
        [...]
        The whole point of these "scientific tests that don't mean much to most users anyhow" is that you can actually say something meaningful about the reliability of a PSU other than "works for me!". And since you are talking about reliability yourself, it seems safe to assume that you think that does matter to most users.

Simply using a PSU for a few months with loads nowhere near the maximum says almost nothing about its reliability.

To be fair, to carry out some of those tests you need special equipment and some knowledge of electronics, which may not be what you want to focus on. But that's no reason to belittle those who do.

Comment

750W in a small case? The cables are also quite long.

Comment

Working...
          X