Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 346.35 Linux Driver Supports Maxwell Mobile GPUs

Phoronix: NVIDIA 346.35 Linux Driver Supports Maxwell Mobile GPUs

NVIDIA quietly released the 346.35 Linux graphics driver on Friday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Seems that it also fixed the very high quality settings bug in Metro Redux versions.

Comment

Tomorrow I am going to buy a Asus Nvidia GTX 970 to replace my current GTX 550ti. I have already updated this driver from xorg-edgers ppa. Hope all goes well. Have anyone tried Asus 970 card on Ubuntu?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
        Tomorrow I am going to buy a Asus Nvidia GTX 970 to replace my current GTX 550ti. I have already updated this driver from xorg-edgers ppa. Hope all goes well. Have anyone tried Asus 970 card on Ubuntu?
        You might want to use kernel 18.1 if you want to have audio through the HDMI port.
        I have the same card and could not get audio until a kernel upgrade (I think its the same for all GTX 970/980)

Comment

This results with wine 1.7.34 with nvidia 346.22

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and now with wine 1.7.34 with nvidia 346.35

at simple seek error stay in minor way but still remains

Comment

Good to see Nvidia's blob featuring such support for Linux. But still...

C'mon Nvidia, where's the firmware blobs for Nouveau? YOU were the one who proposed that Nouveau stop generating its own FUC for your cards in favor of signed firmware images (ala AMD style with the open radeon drivers). WHEN can we see the firmware blobs for Maxwell and its successors showing up in the upstream Linux firmware tree?

Comment

"346.35 Linux graphics driver"
              It is not Linux only. At least there is a 346.35 FreeBSD driver too.

Comment

Cool, I'm still waiting on that Wayland support though.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                  Cool, I'm still waiting on that Wayland support though.
                  I've lived long enough to witness Duke Nukem Forever release, we might even see HL3 in next decade or two.
                  I think we also might get some nvidia support by then :-] (except for aaron platner, that guy is awesome).

Comment

has anyone else noticed that with the new 346.35 driver, graphical console gets all messed up after the nvidia driver loads? If I configure grub and kernel to boot in graphical mode (instead of text console), it looks fine until nvidia driver is loaded and then doing Ctrl-Alt-F2 to get to tty2 all the text looks fuzzy and almost impossible to read. This was not a problem with the previous nvidia release for Linux.

Although, when the nvidia driver loads, there's a warning message from the driver in dmesg that basically says the driver expects the kernel to have a text console, and any other mode like vesafb may not be stable. If you're booting in graphical console mode, can you guys check to see if you're having the same problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X