Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaFire File Sharing Adds Open-Source Linux Support

Phoronix: MediaFire File Sharing Adds Open-Source Linux Support

MediaFire, an online backup service / file hosting and sharing site, has released a "Linux and Open-Source Toolkit" for developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Here's to wishing someone creates a cloud using the Plan9 protocol, and that that becomes the usual way of doing this.

Every cloud a different app, this is crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
      As long as you stay opensource you can use webdav and a single client (seafile, owncloud, ubuntu one (almost forgottan thanks to closed source server side) ).
      davfs2 allows you to mount it via fuse so nothing new here . . .
      (Does work with dropbox / dropdav too by the way )

Probably mediafire is worth a look for encrypted backups.
      Last edited by Kemosabe; 21 January 2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

MediaFire+Some other cloud as storage for tahoe-lafs...
        secure encrypted safe backups.
        When mediafire goes away (The US probably wants to kill them again), you can redistribute your backups to other cloud storage providers.

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
          Here's to wishing someone creates a cloud using the Plan9 protocol, and that that becomes the usual way of doing this.

Yeah, this sounds really cool. I would like to see more cloud services be explored using the 9P protocol.

Comment

I can't build the tool; the CMakeLists.txt file makes use of OBJECT library type that was introduced in CMake 2.8.8, and I'm on CMake 2.8.7. T.T

Comment

The problem with MF is that if you upload a password protected archive, they ban you immediately, no matter what it contains. So either they can spy on you and read all your stuff, or you cannot use it. Having a linux client or not doesn't matter. I never had issues like this with other cloud/file hosting services, so I'll keep on using alternatives.

Comment

Working...
              X