Wine Staging Update Has Better CUDA Support, Driver Testing Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Staging Update Has Better CUDA Support, Driver Testing Framework

Phoronix: Wine Staging Update Has Better CUDA Support, Driver Testing Framework

Following the release of Wine 1.7.35 on Friday, the Wine-Staging team released their spin of v1.7.35 that includes several extra features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just woke the neighbors after "laughing extremely loud" when I saw those mascots!

It's always nice to have a testing area. We are still missing gallium nine right?

Comment

Does the driver testing framework mean that software like alcohol 52% can start working?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        Does the driver testing framework mean that software like alcohol 52% can start working?
        Interesting question because Alcohol 120% or 52% make a virtual drive, not real hardware, yet, it might not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
          I just woke the neighbors after "laughing extremely loud" when I saw those mascots!

It's always nice to have a testing area. We are still missing gallium nine right?
          I think the main users that want performance within wine can't use as they use NVIDIA gpus and as the nvidia driver is still faster.

Dx3d 11 support would be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
            I think the main users that want performance within wine can't use as they use NVIDIA gpus and as the nvidia driver is still faster.

Dx3d 11 support would be much better.
            YUP, dx11 needs to happen soon...
            All new games are dx11 wich makes wine useless for them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSoulz View Post
              YUP, dx11 needs to happen soon...
              All new games are dx11 wich makes wine useless for them.
              dx11 support will arrive about when all the video games have switched over to dx12.1 or dx13 >.<

Lets just pray that OpenGL "NG" arrives soon and sees decent adoption rates or even maybe Mantle gains a foothold so that more games can be played on linux without DX->OGL translation occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
                so that more games can be played on linux without DX->OGL translation occurring.
                It already happens with gallium nine.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  It already happens with gallium nine.
                  Which is great but the Mesa DX10 and DX11 libraries have been completely abandoned with no sign of anyone taking them over so it's probably more likely that Wine will have DX10/DX11 support finished for their WineD3D implementation before anyone even resumes work on the Mesa libraries again. And by the time the WineD3D for DX10/DX11 are finished the newer games will probably have moved onto DX12.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
                    Which is great but the Mesa DX10 and DX11 libraries have been completely abandoned with no sign of anyone taking them over so it's probably more likely that Wine will have DX10/DX11 support finished for their WineD3D implementation before anyone even resumes work on the Mesa libraries again. And by the time the WineD3D for DX10/DX11 are finished the newer games will probably have moved onto DX12.
                    The reason why csmt is still not merged upstream is some wined3d infrastructure is meant to be based on d3d10/11. I am sure we'll see better support after wine 1.8 release which is not that of an distant sci-fi scenario.
                    Hopefully wine devs come to its senses and support gallium nine. With nobody using gallium d3d stack it will be unlikely someone will implement d3d11/12.

Comment

Working...
                    X