Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mesa Patch To Improve CPU-Bound Applications

Phoronix: New Mesa Patch To Improve CPU-Bound Applications

For those wondering what else Kristian H?gsberg is working on in his post-Wayland days, after tackling initial Skylake enablement in Mesa his latest achievement is a new Mesa performance patch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great show up to 1.5% for radeon, better then nothing with bunch of missing-braces warnings.

Only that no one announce -4.5% for radeon with recent intel development (around the time when nir came in) But OK, i guess it only matters when someone write some percentage gain in the commit
    Last edited by dungeon; 29 January 2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Great show up to 1.5% for radeon, better then nothing with bunch of missing-braces warnings.

Only that no one announce -4.5% for radeon with recent intel development (around the time when nir came in) But OK, i guess it only matters when someone write some percentage gain in the commit
      notify the developers with some numbers, instead of complaining here. otherwise it will not get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
        notify the developers with some numbers, instead of complaining here. otherwise it will not get fixed.
        Yeah tell me the story Developers usually care by their numbers not mine numbers, that is why we always have perf bugs .
        Last edited by dungeon; 29 January 2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Anything that can reduce CPU overhead without the need of altering applications is a great thing. Honestly, I'd rather see more focus on improving CPU overhead than OpenGL 4.x. I understand that's what OGLN is supposed to fix but I have a feeling mesa has room for refinement.

Comment

Yeah tell me the story Developers usually care by their numbers not mine numbers, that is why we always have perf bugs .
            If you have repeatable results and have bisected to find the commits(s) where radeon performance regressed, please share them. Otherwise, quit trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
              If you have repeatable results and have bisected to find the commits(s) where radeon performance regressed, please share them.
              I said somewhere when nir came in... which means i didn't bisect that.

Otherwise, quit trolling.
              Oh thank you, people can't say a word about their experience it seems.

Comment

I said somewhere when nir came in... which means i didn't bisect that.

Oh thank you, people can't say a word about their experience it seems.
                It may not be trolling but at the very least ranting how software doesn't work without filing bugs and working with devs to improve it is hardly productive

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  It may not be trolling but at the very least ranting how software doesn't work without filing bugs and working with devs to improve it is hardly productive
                  And who said i don't do that, if i have time Thing is i alone don't have a time to bisect and filling bugs about everything.
                  Last edited by dungeon; 29 January 2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

And who said i don't do that, if i have time Thing is i alone don't have a time to bisect and filling bugs about everything.
                    You could probably get some dev bisect for you if you send them your computer. More seriously, the problem might be specific to a single chipset which devs do not necessarily have available. If you want any guarantee of a fix, you need to contribute time

Comment

Working...
                    X