Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The One Hardware Company Hammering Linux The Most

Phoronix: The One Hardware Company Hammering Linux The Most

There's one company hammering for more Linux hardware test data even more than myself.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, there is no shame in expecting *huge* companies to shell some money, even if as donations, for your data.

Maybe you can work out a max requests/time based model for the data? Similar to how many other companies, such as the ones in whois or spammer data business do. Those who need huge quantities of data are certainly capable of paying for that.

Comment

Michael, the image in the article is too small/low res to make out.

Comment

Originally posted by a2r-l View Post
        Michael, there is no shame in expecting *huge* companies to shell some money, even if as donations, for your data.

Maybe you can work out a max requests/time based model for the data? Similar to how many other companies, such as the ones in whois or spammer data business do. Those who need huge quantities of data are certainly capable of paying for that.
        I'd say the hardware donations could make up for it.

@chrisb
        You can click on the image to maximize it.

So what I don't understand is why are they gathering so much data so often?

Comment

WTF!

Maybe it's just me, my sight is vanishing with my age...
          But why posting an image with a writing so small and chunky I can barely read?
          Are you using an Hercules graphic adapter? or an EGA?
          That screenshot is a kick in the arse to understand.
          And why not stating in boxed letters "NVIDIA is pumping a lod of test data out of my free service"?
          Right in the main title, not buried in the middle of the third paragraph or in squeezed 1,194px ? 115px JPG!
          Have you seen yourself what you have posted? Are you afraid of saying "Voldemort"?

You can do much better. We all know! You know!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I'd say the hardware donations could make up for it.

@chrisb
            Maximised and it's still only 977x94. The text above the black block is 5 pixels high and illegible.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              @chrisb
              Have you maximized it yourself? 99% of the image is useless. That useful 1% is too small.
              I interpolated it from the third paragraph. But that could be just me, as I am dumb!

Comment

Same here, can't read the name from the image.

Comment

It's small but definitely readable on the maximized picture. If you can't read it you should probably get yourself glasses

Comment

Or a better browser, or a real machine if browsing on a phone (toy)

Comment

Working...
                    X