Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ownCloud Server 8 Released With Easier File Sync/Sharing

Phoronix: ownCloud Server 8 Released With Easier File Sync/Sharing

OwnCloud Server 8 has been released this morning and with it comes improved sharing and collaboration between clouds and other features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

oh ffs, I was just getting ready to start using 7 after 6 came out after testing 5!

Give us email already.
    Hi

Comment

I would never even begin to use ownCloud. PHP is such an awful language that I would never, ever run it on anything that isn't utterly disposable and isolated.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbohale View Post
        I would never even begin to use ownCloud. PHP is such an awful language that I would never, ever run it on anything that isn't utterly disposable and isolated.
        Sure, that's why all Wordpress instances are hacked instantly everywhere. Owncloud is great and really nice to use

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin_L View Post
          Sure, that's why all Wordpress instances are hacked instantly everywhere. Owncloud is great and really nice to use
          As if Wordpress wasn't among the most notoriously buggy pieces of web software which keeps regularly security fixes so severe that typically if you fail to install them in time, webmasters shut you down

Comment

Originally posted by jimbohale View Post
            PHP is awfull and owncloud is slow, but it is very convenient. I don't know of many alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
              PHP is awfull and owncloud is slow, but it is very convenient. I don't know of many alternatives.
              Agreed, the concept behind OwnCloud is rather awesome. I would probably already have taken it into use but I dislike reviewing PHP code

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                Not exactly "many", but awesome nontheless: Seafile.

Comment

I live in NRW/Germany, and we get 30 GB of free space in an ownCloud 7 instance as students thanks to a newly launched, government financed project:

Well, it works! Not sure about ownCloud's code quality though.

Comment

And of course something goes wrong. I hate owncloud upgrades. This time:
                    LDAP database cannot be upgraded.
                    Why can't it just work like seafile?

I wonder why it's a major release. Look at the changelog. If you did not urgently waited for the changes you won't miss them.

Comment

Working...
                    X