Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrunchBang Linux Revived As CrunchBang++

Phoronix: CrunchBang Linux Revived As CrunchBang++

Earlier this month we wrote how CrunchBang Linux was winding down with its lead developer halting development of this Debian-based distribution. However, there's new developers now forming the CrunchBang++ project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yes!!

Comment

Why yes? I thought Debian asks you what desktop you want in their non-live default image. Why can't the Crunchbang group just push their customized Openbox layout as an option there?

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
        Why yes? I thought Debian asks you what desktop you want in their non-live default image. Why can't the Crunchbang group just push their customized Openbox layout as an option t here?
        Give us an upvote button please

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
          Why yes? I thought Debian asks you what desktop you want in their non-live default image. Why can't the Crunchbang group just push their customized Openbox layout as an option there?
          Because in open source we work on what we consider interesting and appealing to us (ie subjectivity trumps objectivity.)

Comment

I could have sworn corenominal asked for those that would create distributions based on CrunchBang not to use the CrunchBang name. Are they even using an image of corenominal as their logo? Seriously, wtf?

Also, FWIW, there are already quite a few distributions based on #!.
            Last edited by Ouroboros; 16 February 2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
              Because in open source we work on what we consider interesting and appealing to us (ie subjectivity trumps objectivity.)
              as opposed to working on what other consider interesting and appealing to them (ie we should do what other people tell us to do)

Comment

Semplice Linux

Same concept as #! but based on Sid and stable as the former.
                This website is for sale! semplice-linux.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, semplice-linux.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I downloaded the beta... ran it in virtualbox...I WANT IT!

I just hope the "developer" doesn't get tired of playing with it and quit within the first year like so many other wanna-be distros.

Comment

Working...
                  X