Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCZ ARC 100 Linux SSD Benchmarks

Phoronix: OCZ ARC 100 Linux SSD Benchmarks

For those looking for a very economically priced SSD that's still reliable and from a well known vendor, the OCZ ARC 100 series might be the most tempting drive line-up yet. With the OCZ ARC 100 series, a 256GB SSD costs only $90 USD or a 480GB SSD for $197. Though in this article the OCZ ARC 100 120GB SSD is being tested and it retails for less than $70 USD.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks to me like this was compared to some pretty old SSDs. You need to convince Samsung to send you a 850 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hohlraum View Post
      Looks to me like this was compared to some pretty old SSDs. You need to convince Samsung to send you a 850 Pro
      ar a 850 evo like mine

Comment

These super inexpensive SSD's are a little scary to me. I'm not an SSD expert, but I'd want to see numbers on URE rate, rated write cycles per cell, etc. We know SSD's perform pretty darned well, even the cheap ones these days are fast. At least in my mind, reliability and longevity are the more important metrics.

Enterprise grade SSD's are still very very expensive. There's a far greater price differential between an enterprise SSD and a consumer SSD, than there is between an enterprise HDD and consumer HDD. The reason for the large cost differential is not the performance characteristics, it is the reliability and longevity characteristics.

Comment

Why not Samsung 850 Pro that others have mentioned?

Comment

Is the recommendation of this SSD for real?

Crucial MX100 256GB is under 100$ and wipes the floor with this SSD.
            Samsung 840 EVo 250GB is just above 100$ and same thing.

And what the rest of the people posted, a comparison with antique SSDs?
            Let's be serious with the hardware reviews please.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_Scull View Post

Don't be harsh dude. You want better hardware reviews then you are going to need to send $$ in so they can purchase them. SSDs (and money) don't grow on trees. My original comment was just a ribbing. I would hope everyone here knows that unless a manufacturer is willing to send review units then any hardware reviewed has to be loaned from readers or outright purchased.

Comment

I would not recommend Samsung 840 EVo with it's firmware problems and heck it's even have tlc flash...

I'm quite positively surprised about this drive, mlc+barefoot controller, it could be much worse combination, i.e. tlc+sandforce. I hope that Toshiba restores good quality to ocz -brand, sandforce+firmware problems ruined it and thus old ocz bit the dust and were bought after bankruptcy.

Comment

OCZ SSDs have/had high return rate according some statistics
                  La fiabilité est aussi importante que difficile à mesurer, si bien qu'elle reste inconnue. Cartes mères et graphiques, alims, ram, hdd et ssd : voici les chiffres dont nous disposons !

Some Crucial and Samsung SSDs have issues on Linux.

Comment

I had so many problems with my OCZ Agility 4 that i sent it to OCZ to replace (directly). I got a OCZ Vertex 460 back. This drive is very picky about the board, maybe it is related to the SATA power connector - the system where it works uses a Molex to SATA power adapter...

Comment

Working...
                    X