Canonical Comes Up With Its Own FUSE Filesystem For Linux Containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Comes Up With Its Own FUSE Filesystem For Linux Containers

Phoronix: Canonical Comes Up With Its Own FUSE Filesystem For Linux Containers

Canonical has been developing LXCFS, a FUSE-based file-system for LXC containers that will premiere with the upcoming release of Ubuntu 15.04...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting. Hopefully the Apache license and Github hosting can make it gain traction.

Comment

Canical is trully useless company. Now it is official.

Comment

?

Originally posted by gnufreex View Post
        Canical is trully useless company. Now it is official.
        why?

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
          why?
          beacuse canonical killed hes kitty, why else?

Comment

why?
            Canonical obviously threw his entire bloodline into bankruptcy

Not sure what's worse; debates about systemd, or complaints about Canonical/Ubuntu...

Comment

why?
              He's probably trying to refer to this as another case of Canonical developing their own version of an existing product. They are in effect reproducing the docker product, although sticking with LXC.

I for one think that it's a good idea, as the docker guys are kind of trying to lead the community in their own direction, which some people don't like (desktop devs in particular.) In particular, their abandoning of LXC upset some folks. I think that some more competition in this new container software area is a good thing. Their is another group pushing LXC/cGroup containers, but the names has slipped my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxxed View Post
                He's probably trying to refer to this as another case of Canonical developing their own version of an existing product. They are in effect reproducing the docker product, although sticking with LXC.

I for one think that it's a good idea, as the docker guys are kind of trying to lead the community in their own direction, which some people don't like (desktop devs in particular.) In particular, their abandoning of LXC upset some folks. I think that some more competition in this new container software area is a good thing. Their is another group pushing LXC/cGroup containers, but the names has slipped my brain.
                Yea, and because of that developing their own CLA'ed filesystem is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                  Yea, and because of that developing their own CLA'ed filesystem is a good idea.
                  I think it a very good idea actually, as fuse is a well-tested kernel infrasctructure and IMHO the best approach for virtual filesystems, certainly much better than all that gvfs crap, dependending on everything plus the kitchen sink to get something done.

Comment

Like them or not, Canonical made Linux popular. They also are partially responsible for the Gaming revolution we are in by working with Steam (before Steam decided to go with Debian). I'm truly starting to think some of you actually WANT Linux to fail or are trying hard to keep it in the shadows. Really, you shouldn't continue in that fashion.

Comment

Working...
                    X