Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RISC OS Now Works With The Raspberry Pi 2

Phoronix: RISC OS Now Works With The Raspberry Pi 2

The original RISC OS open-source operating system now supports the new second-generation Raspberry Pi 2 development board with BCM2836 SoC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is also a test image of mainstream Ubuntu 14.10 (Linaro 15.01) for those interested:

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      There is also a test image of mainstream Ubuntu 14.10 (Linaro 15.01) for those interested:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=98997
      Probably it's easier to list the distros not available for raspi2

Comment

Its fantastic to see ongoing development of RISC OS, especially given that it is the original OS for the ARM platform. Ah the memories

Comment

I'm running Arch (armv7 version) on mine, trying to learn C++ / SDL2. It's good to have something that I can just leave on 24/7, and remote into from my Windows machine anytime I feel like doing a little coding. I previously used my gaming rig for this, which I don't regularly turn on because it's fairly loud. So I didn't get much done.

Comment

Since when is RISC OS open source? Last time I checked it was proprietary with sources under hideous EULA-style license which doesn't even try to conform to FSF or OSI definition.

Comment

Ah yeah, shame about the non-free license.

But just look at that, ah the memories, doesn't it make you feel warm and fuzzy:

Comment

Just curious...
                Any one knows if current Risc OS (in this case, for RPi2) still includes BASIC programming language ?

Comment

Some underdeveloped OS with single commercial entity to "manage" it? Vendorlock?

What the hell? Some poorly developed OS which is obviously managed by some single commercial entity. "Set sail for fail".

And ... they're using CVS? Whoa, what a powerful necromancy!

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
                    Just curious...
                    Any one knows if current Risc OS (in this case, for RPi2) still includes BASIC programming language ?
                    BBC BASIC is standard on RISC OS.

Comment

Working...
                    X