Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Wallpaper Of Xfce 4.12

Phoronix: The New Wallpaper Of Xfce 4.12

The release of Xfce 4.12 is hopefully being realized this weekend. The release hasn't taken place at the time of writing, but there's been commits to update translations as well as to add the new wallpaper of Xfce 4.12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

wow

I can only say one thing, wow, just wow. I mean this really made my day ... the news about such and interesting an complex wallpaper that's like nothing anyone has seen before ... It left me speachless ( good thing I can still type though )

Comment

Originally posted by mcirsta View Post
      I can only say one thing, wow, just wow. I mean this really made my day ... the news about such and interesting an complex wallpaper that's like nothing anyone has seen before ... It left me speachless ( good thing I can still type though )
      I've dropped XFCE for LXDE but after seeing this wallpaper I'm going back.

Oh sweet cookie monster Jesus riding blue/black or gold/white bicycle, this is what XFCE needed, this is moment when all Linux users will unite into One.

This news will gather all people in the world, old, young, black, white, homo, hetero, dead & alive - all joined together in love for wallpaper.

< facepalm >

Comment

Originally posted by sgtGarcia View Post
        I've dropped XFCE for LXDE but after seeing this wallpaper I'm going back.

Oh sweet cookie monster Jesus riding blue/black or gold/white bicycle, this is what XFCE needed, this is moment when all Linux users will unite into One.

This news will gather all people in the world, old, young, black, white, homo, hetero, dead & alive - all joined together in love for wallpaper.

< facepalm >
        U sir just made my day ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

I like xfce a bit, but I don't like xfce Distros like Xubuntu or Manjaro, they tend to use Gnome 3 programs, like evince which right now is just crap and it can be beated by integrated pdf viewer from browsers, gnome network manager, the pdf reader, the compression program from gnome, etc. The desktop is not complete and the development is soo slow, looking into xfce commits most of new commits are just translations updates. And porting to GTK3 don't know... GTK3 is only for Gnome

Comment

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
            I like xfce a bit, but I don't like xfce Distros like Xubuntu or Manjaro, they tend to use Gnome 3 programs, like evince which right now is just crap and it can be beated by integrated pdf viewer from browsers, gnome network manager, the pdf reader, the compression program from gnome, etc. The desktop is not complete and the development is soo slow, looking into xfce commits most of new commits are just translations updates. And porting to GTK3 don't know... GTK3 is only for Gnome
            Wtf man??? Why do you think GTK is only for Gnome? It's free software so anybody can use it. XFCE will (probably) use it at a time in the future. Cinnamon is built on GTK 3 and MATE is also transitioning to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
              Wtf man??? Why do you think GTK is only for Gnome? It's free software so anybody can use it. XFCE will (probably) use it at a time in the future. Cinnamon is built on GTK 3 and MATE is also transitioning to it.
              GNOME devs said that gtk3 is only for GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                GNOME devs said that gtk3 is only for GNOME.
                Really??? Where??!!!!

Comment

This wallpaper is even uglier than the previous one. Are they learning from Lubuntu devs?

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
                    Really??? Where??!!!!
                    Haven't spotted them saying that but they iirc have said Gnome functionality takes priority in Gtk design

Comment

Working...
                    X