Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutter Now Supports Quad-Buffer Stereo Displays, Mir Backend

Phoronix: Clutter Now Supports Quad-Buffer Stereo Displays, Mir Backend

Emmanuele Bassi of GNOME has released version 1.21.6 of Clutter, the latest development version of this toolkit used by GNOME and other projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to also see devs supporting Mir now that it can be seen in action and a lot of people are waiting for unity 8.

Canonical is also supporting Wayland for its other flavors, not forcing anyone else to have to use theirs or anything like that.

Is good to see we are getting out of that stage

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post

Canonical is also supporting Wayland for its other flavors, not forcing anyone else to have to use theirs or anything like that.
      By supporting you mean shipping 1 MB of Wayland libs that are packaged by Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        By supporting you mean shipping 1 MB of Wayland libs that are packaged by Debian.
        I guess their plan is working, the poster you replied to exactly fell for it the way Canonical wanted

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
          I guess their plan is working, the poster you replied to exactly fell for it the way Canonical wanted
          I'm very confused. What super secret illuminati third eye age of aquarius plot is it this time? Can you explain it to me? I'm not sure how it works, but I'm sure the geniuses here at phoronix can work it out for me. Does it involve mind control using IoT via Ubuntu core?!?
          Last edited by dh04000; 03 March 2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
            I see no conspiracy plan.

Canonical has shown they're not close mind company.

Just like they gave up upstart in favor of systemd, if Wayland or something else become Superior to their own solution they're willing to adopt it.

Many times FOSS need to feel they're being left out or behind due to competition. Is why Kronos is hurrying up so much with GLNext because they are feeling the pressure, else who knows when they would have that ready. Wayland is not much different.

We need more proactive and not just reactive developments

Comment

Working...
            X