Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.19 Officially Lands For Ubuntu 15.04

Phoronix: Linux 3.19 Officially Lands For Ubuntu 15.04

It's a go: Linux 3.19 is powering Ubuntu 15.04...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

systemd, when?

Comment

Originally posted by jan1024188 View Post
      systemd, when?

Comment

Still bummed that 15.04 is stuck with X 1.16. 1.17 was a huge improvement and came out at the start of February, a lot of time to include it.

Comment

R9 290 don't work

I still get LLVM driver when the system boots.

Comment

For those who have problems with resume from suspend when using radeon + AMD APUs: the bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42960 has been fixed, but it hasn't been merged to non-rc kernels (I haven't had the opportunity to test it, my APU is an A6-3400M).
            Ask the distro maintainers to add the patch, or simply wait for the next release...

Comment

huge?

Originally posted by zanny View Post
              Still bummed that 15.04 is stuck with X 1.16. 1.17 was a huge improvement and came out at the start of February, a lot of time to include it.
              what improvement? x is always the same since 1.13

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                Yes, that is very unfortunate.
                1.17 is available in the x-staging PPA.

Unfortnuately it is not included due to AMD being lazy and once again, like every time other time, holding back Linux by not shipping a new Catalyst DDX driver with ABI bumped to the latest X version.

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                XWayland improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                  From my understanding, there was a fix with the glyph cache on 1.17 to stop random characters from glitching-out on radeonsi (when a random letter just becomes a square or other garbled character). That alone would be quite nice, along with glamor improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                    I still get LLVM driver when the system boots.
                    I have the same problem!
                    yesterday, kubuntu 15.04 is updated to Mesa3d rc3 and the problem still continues.

Comment

Working...
                    X