Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures Of The Near Production Ready Ubuntu Tablet

Phoronix: Pictures Of The Near Production Ready Ubuntu Tablet

After receiving specifications on the talked about Ubuntu Tablet and then receiving pricing information on the Ubuntu Tablet, the start-up responsible for this tablet that seeks to launch one of the first mass Ubuntu Tablets has sent along some official photos of their design...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Pictures Of The Near Production Ready Ubuntu Tablet

After receiving specifications on the talked about Ubuntu Tablet and then receiving pricing information on the Ubuntu Tablet, the start-up responsible for this tablet that seeks to launch one of the first mass Ubuntu Tablets has sent along some official photos of their design...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Tablet-Photos
    ugly....

Comment

I'm grateful for all software and hardware improvements; but I couldn't care less about mobile and touch pad devices and honestly think Canonical should focus their time and resources on the Ubuntu desktop.

Comment

Looks fine and may be useful as it can run more than facebook and wordament... I just hope people won't start optimizing every linux program for touch screens from now on. The desktop should remain a desktop.

Comment

I find the concept pretty good.

Web surfing, watch pictures/movies directly or on a tv easily.
          x86-64 arch enables to play some games and have the "classical" softwares, or make a "low powered multimedia server".

The overall specs are ok for 400$.
          The only bad point is the borders sides... it makes me think about iPad 1!

Comment

The huge bezels might actually make some sense though, since you have to swipe from the edges all the time when using their terrible UI.
            All they need now are some apps.

Comment

If this thing has a nice digitizer, I can easily see myself getting one.

Originally posted by lolren View Post
              ugly....
              Huh?

Comment

Just buy an Ubuntu-friendly Windows 8 tablet and get something that isn't super ugly.

Comment

So this is what they've ruined desktop Ubuntu experience for? Talk about id?e fixe...

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                    Just buy an Ubuntu-friendly Windows 8 tablet and get something that isn't super ugly.
                    If you want Linux to evolve on the desktop and embedded space buying hardware from Microsoft is not the answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X